HelloFresh, Mississauga, ON
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a pretty great work environment.
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Manager at our Mississauga Distribution Centre to oversee our in-house manufacturing operations. You will report to the Director of Production and will be responsible for the products that we manufacture in-house, ensuring an on-time, in full, top-quality product, and a manufacturing process that is safe and efficient.
- Manage a team of manufacturing supervisors and associates, running a 24/7 operation, where you will focus on building a culture of safety and high performance through developing and coaching the team members
- Be responsible for achieving the weekly production plan on time and in full while optimizing operational efficiency
- Drive customer experience through low error rates on product quality, and best-in-class product look & feel
- Build and Maintain high standards of Good Manufacturing Procedures and housekeeping in the production facility to ensure a safe work environment.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing Senior Manager and Procurement department, on opportunities to expand our portfolio of manufactured products, to compete with external suppliers in cost and quality
- Be the resident expert on our manufacturing processes and automated equipment, and drive adherence to standard operating procedures
- Establish and work within manufacturing budget, as established with the Site Director and Manufacturing Senior Manager
- Use data to review manufacturing performance, and seek out opportunities for operational improvements
- Create and lead the site meetings and manage costs through variation control
- Facilitate root-cause analysis and implement corrective actions to prevent recurring operational issues
- Data-driven and a strong analytical toolkit; you're an Excel wiz.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented: you have well-honed strategies for never missing a deadline or overlooking a key detail, and are comfortable juggling multiple priorities at once.
- Entrepreneurial with an ownership mindset: you do whatever it takes to get the job done and enjoy being in the trenches.
- Cool as a cucumber: you’re comfortable working under tight, immovable deadlines and making key decisions under pressure.
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and should think beyond the scope of a given assignment.
- Naturally curious: you're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
You have or are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, engineering, or other relevant major.
- 5-7 years of experience managing production in a manufacturing plant; preferably within the Food & Beverage industry.
- A data-driven mindset, to collect and use data to drive sustainable improvements
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude. Used to working in a high pressure, fast paced, and constantly changing environment
- Drive and self-motivation. We seek a leader who has the burning desire to make a meaningful difference in our business and lives of our employees
- An authentic leader, who’s able to build strong relationships, clearly communicate and motivate, and drive accountability in all levels
- An effective collaborator, who empowers and enables others to share ideas, raises awareness, gets buy-in, and and delivers fast and well-rounded solutions to complex problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments. Able to prioritize and meet budgets deadlines and achieve objectives
- Professional certifications and/or licenses with Lean Six Sigma preferred
- A passion for food!
Why you’ll love it here:
- Competitive salary and health benefits package
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or ChefsPlate weekly box subscription
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- High level of responsibility from day one
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies.
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one