Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) Technician
HelloFresh, Abbotsford, BC
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
As an FSQA Technician you will be the first checkpoint in the effective food safety and quality assurance system. You will be responsible for monitoring a variety of processes to ensure our customers have an amazing experience when opening a HelloFresh box. Reporting to the site FSQA Manager, you will work closely with the Production and Receiving teams to uphold our FSQA standards at the distribution center. This will involve quantitative measurements, environmental and product sampling, inspection of incoming raw materials and observation of the production process.
- Be involved in quality control activities in all aspects of the HelloFresh operation, which include but are not limited to inbounding, on-line packing, portioning and outbound
- Communicate with the FSQA Team, Procurement and Production in case of product quality non-conformance
- Be responsible for compilation and maintenance of inspection reports and records (ex. GMP records, temp logs)
- Conduct environmental sampling and facility audits
- Perform pre and post-operational sanitation reviews of the food processing environment and equipment, including swabbing
- Maintain clear and concise communication with the Operations, Procurement and Logistics teams
- Deliver FSQA training to new and existing associates
- Support the FSQA Manager during third party and/or internal audits
- Uphold HelloFresh’s protocol for achieving the highest level of food safety and quality assurance
At a minimum, you have:
- Post-secondary education in Biological or Food Sciences
- 1-2 years FSQA experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience working in GMP environment and familiar with HACCP principles
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and local food safety regulations is an asset
- Entrepreneurial with the attitude of being hands-on and getting things done
- Comfortable working in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Team player who is comfortable collaborating with other departments but also working independently
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and should think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Comfortable working in a cold environment, standing and walking for duration of shift and able to lift up to 44 pounds
- Familiar with MS Office, Google Apps and comfortable learning new technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with working hours for business requirements, including early morning, late night and weekend shifts
- Strong passion for food is a must!
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and you will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Why you'll love it here:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS
Tech Jobs For You
Registry Operations Lead, Clinical Development Operations
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States