HelloFresh, Toronto, On
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 9 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
HelloFresh Canada is looking for an Inventory Manager to support in the development, implementation, and management of our national inventory strategy. Initially reporting to the COO, you will work to find the balance between what items we hold in inventory, how much we hold, where we hold it, and how we can minimize our overall inventory risk. You will have a significant impact in this role that spreads over our distribution centres all over Canada.
- Build a strategy for where we hold our inventory (i.e. in one of our distribution centres across Canada or in 3rd party storage locations), accounting for safety stock levels, storage costs, and order lead times
- Be accountable for the inventory accuracy in all storage locations, whether in-house or 3rd party, by setting a clear plan for inventory classification (ABC etc), cycle count process, and holding various stakeholders accountable
- Work with our Category Managers to build and maintain an inventory management strategy and framework to increase transparency into inventory counts and locations, improve inventory efficiencies while meeting production requirements, and minimize overall inventory risk
- Lead our physical inventory counting processes to drive overall accuracy and compliance to our audit/reporting requirements
- Support warehouse projects, system implementations and process improvements as needed
At a minimum, you have:
- At least 4 years of inventory, warehousing, manufacturing, and/or supply chain experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a related field
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and Excel skills
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude. You’re used to working in a high pressure, fast paced, and constantly changing environment
- Driven and self-motivated - you will be making a meaningful difference in our business and lives of our employees and customers
- An effective collaborator, who empowers and enables others to share ideas, raises awareness, gains buy-in, and delivers fast and targeted solutions to complex problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments, while being able to prioritize, achieve objectives, and meet budget deadlines
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Professional certifications and/or licenses with Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Availability to work weekend schedules and cold facilities
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% within Canada to our distribution centres
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate meal kits
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- A work-from-home allowance and flexibility to work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year - learn more about our flexible Hybrid Work Approach below!
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
Hybrid Work Approach
At HelloFresh, we know that flexible work arrangements are essential in enabling you to do your best work, while balancing your personal and life needs. Offering remote work flexibility for our employees is a core part of creating a great employee experience. We are also mindful that many employees thrive on in-person interactions and collaboration opportunities at the office (e.g. new joiners, team building, social events, experiencing our product).
To meet those needs, we are pleased to provide a Hybrid Work Approach, which enables employees to work from home up to 50% of the time, and also work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our HQ employees are primarily working remotely from home and we have the office open and available on a voluntary basis for employees who wish to work from there. Pending public health guidelines, we expect to return to the office using our Hybrid Work Approach. Employees will receive a minimum of one month’s notice of our Hybrid Work Approach taking effect and when employees will be expected to start work from the office.
When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto (110 Spadina Avenue)
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, and a ping pong table!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.