Senior Manager, Special Projects - People
HelloFresh, Boulder, CO
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFresh is hiring a Senior Manager, Special Projects to join our People Team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving key projects across our HQ and Field locations. You will have the opportunity to deep dive into different functional areas of the People team, designing and executing projects that evolve our people strategy. Areas of focus may include Talent Acquisition, Engagement Activities, System & Process Implementations, critical role coverage and AdHoc Projects. To be successful, you must be highly agile, have a passion for diagnosing and bringing structure to complex business challenges (and are not afraid to get your hands dirty!), and adept at change and stakeholder management.
You will ...
- Partner directly with the People Leadership Team to spearhead innovation projects focused on rapidly scaling our People Team Operations and expanding the Employee Value Proposition and offering.
- Be in the trenches of different areas of our People Team - e.g. Talent Acquisition, Core Services, HQ and Field Business Partner Teams - to deliver results and develop cross-functional knowledge.
- Develop, lead and execute complex cross-functional project plans with clearly defined milestones, timelines, communication plans and task owners. This includes active stakeholder management and maintaining open lines of communication with project sponsors.
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and solve an array of other complex business problems, using analytics and business judgment.
- Lead continuous improvement projects throughout the People and Business Operations teams. This may involve designing and prototyping systems and tools that will help our People teams solve for capacity constraints.
- Take on interim roles that are critical to the successful operations of the People Team.
- Agile —Thrive on shifting priorities and new challenges, willing to move forward without a roadmap, building and driving the needed structure
- A critical thinker — Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Enterprising — Seek to take up and start new projects. Able to achieve work with the risk of failure
- Creative — Challenge conventional methods and open to new ideas
- Driven by results — Independently push multiple projects to completion with a sense of urgency. Focus on activities that have tangible business outcomes and require little oversight to move projects forward
- A clear communicator — With solid written and oral communications skills. Able to clearly coordinate and provide information to co-workers
- Ability to influence key stakeholders, work cross-functionally and autonomously
- Goal-oriented with the ability to break complex, unstructured problems down into components of impact and derive quantifiable action items
- Effective at communication of HR issues to large and small audiences and to a variety of levels (including Executive Leadership) both verbally and in writing is required
- A true HR Generalist with a strong skill set and domain expertise across the full spectrum of HR functions.
- Capable of jumping into new challenges, quickly assessing what needs to be done, building a plan and executing flawlessly.
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Project Management, related Business field or equivalent education/experience
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience
- Experience at a top tier management consulting firm, with a leading manufacturing company, or in a hands-on analytical environment leading large scale organizational projects
- Strong interest in Human Resources operations or operations management
- Proven experience establishing, implementing, and executing operational process
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management and with technical and non-technical people
- Strong data and analytical skills with the ability to analyze information skillfully and identify/resolve problems quickly using sound and professional judgment
- Experience leading others, with ability to effectively foster positive team engagement, manage performance, identify skill gaps, and provide coaching to enhance skill development
- Ability to manage resources, budgets, vendors, and be able to lead and guide projects through completion
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
- $135-145K annual salary This position is eligible to participate in the HelloFresh equity program, contingent on Supervisory Board Approval.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.