Financial Accountant (m/f/x)
HelloFresh, Japan, Tokyo
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh we love food, and our mission is to change the way people eat forever. That change comes conveniently packaged in a box - a HelloFresh Box, filled with the best fresh ingredients. With our meal boxes with easy to cook recipes and fresh ingredients, we are driving change in the quickly evolving food industry.
For our young and passionate team, we are looking for a Financial Accountant. Reporting into our Finance Manager, you’ll be joining our small and talented Finance team in Japan. You’ll be in touch with the local Operations, Marketing, and Management teams as well as with the Group Finance team in Berlin. You will be an integral part of a fast-growing company, making sure that our finance processes can follow our ramp up in volumes.
You are an accountant who wants to make your mark on a successful and growing team. You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with people who possess a diverse set of talents. You are dedicated to details and enjoy managing competing priorities. Get in touch!
What you’ll do
- Responsible for day-to-day invoicing operations, including processing suppliers and partners invoices, communication and resolution of invoicing errors, ensuring credit notes reception etc.
- Implementation of clear processes with suppliers related to invoicing set-up and communication
- Management of monthly credit cards and expense claims
- Responsible for weekly cash reporting
- Involvement in monthly inventory closing balances
- Delivery of regular and ad hoc reporting
- Have the opportunity to provide in-depth value adding analysis to both financial and non-financial senior management which could have a lasting impact on the group globally
What you’ll bring
- Passion, drive and great communication skills
- Extensive experience in a similar role previously or a bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or studying for a qualification in CA/ACCA/CPA (or equivalent).
- 1-3 years experience working in finance and accounting
- An eye and appreciation for detail and an understanding of data structures and complex systems/workflows
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets and exposure to an ERP system (experience with Oracle Fusion would be advantageous)
- Keen to grow with a fast-growing organisation and turn your experience with HelloFresh into a platform for future career growth
- A person who thrives under pressure and doesn’t shy away from hard work
- Language Skills:
- Japanese: Fluent level
- English: Business level
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase across the globe, now launching in Japan
- Direct, high impact on our product and operations setup from day one
- A vibrant, international environment with mission-driven colleagues
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.