Data Engineer - Supply Chain Analytics
HelloFresh, Chicago, IL
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As a Senior Data Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be building and extending highly performant data products, using cutting-edge technologies. Within the Supply Chain Analytics team, you will work closely with fellow data engineers, data scientists, and analysts to teams across the Supply Chain to capture efficiencies. All in an effort to help deliver our vision, of delivering the perfect product, at the right time, to the doorstep of our customers.
You will ...
- Build reusable technology that enables Supply Chain teams to capture, process, store, and serve their data products in an easy way
- Build and maintain complex and scalable ETL pipelines
- Work closely with the data infrastructure team and ensure and promote data quality and governance standards
- Coaching and mentoring data engineers and developing internal talent
At a minimum, you have...
- Extensive experience in Software Engineering and the ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code with Python
- Expertise with Kafka, the Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark)
- Comfortable with cloud-based services & warehousing (AWS S3, EMR, Snowflake) and with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS)
- Demonstrated ability to design, build and maintain complex data products
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Sweat in good company