Production Planning Coordinator
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
At just 9 years in, we’re the industry leader and have delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
But most importantly, it’s our incredible people who make HelloFresh what it is. We thrive on giving our employees an inclusive working environment, in which they have access to development opportunities and in which their voices are heard and valued every day. This helps us best reflect and serve our customers.
So, if you’re keen to join a growing, caring company which puts its people at the heart of what it does, look no further!
About the job
The Planning Coordinator role forms the communication link between the Operations and with the wider Operations and Commercial teams.
The role can be broken down into three areas: Planning, Production Support and Operations Development. For Planning, the PCs take our order data and use various tools to create production plans, instructional briefing materials for our materials and production teams.
When supporting production, the PCs form the first line of support for the production team ensuring that necessary deviations from the plan are conducted in a controlled manner.
The final core role is Operations Development - PCs are expected to use their knowledge of our operations and our planning tools to identify and drive improvements in our planning and production processes.
- Generation of production schedule and material requirement for the Operations team and labour requirement for the Temp Agency.
- Work with the Planning Manager, Planning Lead and Planning Executive to fulfil all elements of the planning process in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ownership of the box contents process, to ensure all boxes contain the appropriate samples and flyers.
- Creating rack files and box files for the pick-to-light system, with picks positioned to optimise throughput and minimise risk of error on the assembly lines
- Updating and refreshing reference tools
- Determine most appropriate kit bag size for each kit
- Allocate kits to lines based on line capacity, kit content and any further constraints there might be
- Prepare reference materials (briefing packs) for the Operations team to minimise the risk of picking errors caused by miscommunication such as shelf-edge labels, pick lists, dolly fests etc.
- Implement improvements to planning tools to streamline processes and support production optimisation.
- Support the business in the measurement and reporting of KPIs, and in taking action to improve them.
- Analyse previous week’s production measurements to adapt future week plans’ parameters, including the following
- Liaison with operations to take away learnings
- Time to be spent on production floor to observe and understand production methods
- Carry out time and motion studies related to picking
Who you are:
- Fast learner
- Able to process large amount of data set
- Agile thinker/ability to adopt to change
- Team mentality/collaborative approach
- Attention to detail
What you will get in return:
- 70% discount on our HelloFresh's boxes!
- A generous pension scheme contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme & Headspace subscription to support your mental health
- Private Health Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Group Life Insurance
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- A premium Borrow My Doggy account (for all your cute puppy needs!)
- Personal learning budget for your professional growth
- Lots of virtual workshops, talks and events for you to enjoy!
Start date: ASAP / or other
Recruitment process: First, you will have a phone interview with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. Should you be successful, you will be asked to complete a technical test and, depending to the result, you will be invited for two video interviews: one competency, and one culture fit.
We are convinced that diversity is what makes our teams stronger: whatever identity or background might be, you will have something invaluable to offer to this company. We want to know what it is! Please apply.
Please note that all our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.