Associate Production Manager ( Multiple Openings Available on both Day and Night Shift)
HelloFresh, Newark, NJ
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
Associate Production Manager Job Description
The Associate Production Manager is responsible for the safety and quality, as well as ensuring the employees are following the proper policies and procedures, of the production shift.
- Ensure plans for the production shift are executed and that all supervisors are supporting the execution and communicating any issues.
- Assist in the development of the Line Leaders.
- Escalate any staffing issues to the Production Manager.
- Assure maximum productivity, quality and accuracy of shipment to customers. Emphasis in developing labor cost reduction system as well as maximizing efficiency; in other words a focus on low man hour and pick/pack errors.
- Assist Line Leaders in any situations that arise requiring additional assistance or approval.
- Coach Line leaders in effectively handling associates behavioral issues, and when needed get involved to manage conflict and workplace altercations among employees.
- Along with Production Manager and other staff, implement production cost techniques that can be applied in production tasks and assembly.
- Monitor record keeping to track production plan, start-times, dismissal times and additional daily activities.
- Establish and work within budget as permitted by -Production Manager.
- Use designated technology to assure quality/accuracy of shipped product as well as ensuring the best customer experience. Ensure all lines record/scan and monitor based on combination and shipping carriers.
- Leadership: Provide guidance and direction to the production lines
- Performance Management: responsible for employee experience throughout the employee life cycle (hiring, training, developing, promoting, etc.)
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production
- Technical Capacity: computer literacy
- Respectful Coaching Techniques
- Results Driven
- Self-Motivated: take initiative to make improvements
- Strict Supervision: Hold employees accountable for meeting goals and objectives
- BA / BS or 8+ related production management work experience.
- At least 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a production environment.
- High school diploma / GED required.
- Food & Beverage experience highly preferred.
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive! Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.