Big Data Engineer (m/f)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 5 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We’re now active and growing in 9 different countries in 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve more than US$ 350 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product and become one of the top 3 largest companies to come out of Europe over the past 4 years.
As a member of HelloTech you’ll be exposed to a modern technology stack and a slick cross functional agile team setup. We have developed a refined product and provide scalability on a global level. Join our HelloTech team and help us to build a fresh food global champion!
About the job
As a Big Data Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be collaborating to build one of the most advanced big data platforms in Europe. You will develop distributed services that processes data in near-time and real-time, with focus on scalability, data quality and integration of machine learning models.
- Plan, Implement and maintain distributed, service-oriented and message-oriented data platform components
- Design, build, and maintain data ingestion, ETLs and infrastructure for batch and near real time processing.
- Build and maintain Business Intelligence and reporting solutions.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our engineering blog.
Who we’re looking for
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in Software Engineering
- Fluency in Python and OOP
- Experience with Apache Spark, Hive, Impala, and Kafka
- Experience with Hadoop, plus distributions like Cloudera, MapR or Hortonworks
- Experience with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Redis or Cassandra
- Agile team-working experience
- Test-Driven Development
- Preferred: Experienced with data modelling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Preferred: Experience with Amazon AWS and DevOps and Automation
- Preferred: Familiarity with performance metric tools
- Preferred: Knowledge of visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview)
What we offer
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Work in a modern, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
We’re committed to making HelloFresh as inclusive as we can be. As part of that commitment we chose to be transparent about our diversity data. To enable us to build an accurate picture of our workforce, we ask some optional questions in our application process.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Salesforce
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Software Engineer - Collaborative Editing team
Sr. Software Engineer - Automation / Engineering Test Tools
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, App Platform
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Cloud Consultant (m/w)