Data Science Intern - June 2018 (m/f)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
HelloFresh is among the Top 3 largest companies to come out of Europe over the past 4 years (market cap). Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only 3 years after inception we are active in 8 markets on 3 continents, all of which are managed and maintained from our global headquarters in Berlin.
We aim to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch at home. We have received over US$ 250 million in venture capital funding and have won multiple prizes for our work. Our team is diverse, high-performing, and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive! Join us and help us become the global champion for fresh food!
About the job
We are looking for a smart, result-oriented individual who can translate data insights into recommendations driving business value across areas of demand management, marketing, customer lifecycle, and product development. Our ideal candidate will start in June, has solid background in data science, including predictive modelling, forecasting and validation techniques. So if you are passionate about finding answers in scientific investigation, and leading new solutions, feel invited to apply! The preferred duration for the internship is 6 months, starting as soon as possible.
As a Data Scientist Intern at HelloFresh, you will:
- Become a part of a highly skilled team working in dynamic and exciting environment
- Collaborate with peers on creation and improvement of analytics models
- Derive actionable business insights from complex data sets across multiple platforms
- Establish efficient, automated processes for large-scale modeling
- Work closely with the top management and product developers to devise pertinent algorithms and applications for multiple business users
Who we’re looking for
- B.Sc. degree or final year of bachelor’s studies in a quantitative field, e.g. Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Strong command of statistical programming languages (especially Python, R is a plus)
- Other programming experience (Spark, Scala, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with feature engineering, model building and evaluation, A/B or online testing with large-size data sets, preferably not only in academic setting
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
What we offer
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Work in a modern, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Senior User Experience Researcher—Game Developer Success
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Research, New Ph.D. Grad/Post Doctorate
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Soylent, Los Angeles
Strategic Analyst Associate Program: 2018
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Software Engineering Team Lead
Taboola, Tel Aviv
Catapult Systems, Dallas