HelloFresh, New York City
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Get cooking with HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
Data Scientist Job Description:
HelloFresh is seeking a Data Scientist to support the Marketing team on all Direct Mail and offline marketing initiatives. To succeed in this role, you’ll need a hunger for discovering information in massive amounts of data. You’ll need to be fluent in all data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and obsessed with customer experience.
- Leverage data and advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to design, build, optimize and maintain predictive targeting models
- Analyze and derive insights from direct mail and other marketing campaigns to help improve programs and drive a stronger ROI.
- Design experiments and evaluate results based on the model attributes and enhance targeting based on learnings on an ongoing basis
- Work with complex datasets across various platform to perform various types of analyses, including descriptive, prescriptive, inferential, causal, and exploratory analyses—among others
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis that will impact the business’ bottom line
- Team player: possess a fantastic can-do attitude (“no” isn’t in your vocabulary) and able to adapt skills to wherever you can best contribute to the team
- A data junkie: you love finding the details in facts, statistics, and putting it all together for an actionable plan
- Motivated: determined, self-starter, inspired
- Passionate: thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with frequent change and limited direction
- Enterprising to take up and start new projects. Able to achieve work with risk of failure.
- A critical thinker—who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems
At a minimum, you have...
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- 2+ years’ experience delivering analytical solutions to complex business problems
- 2+ years’ experience with logistic regression, decision trees, survival analysis, design of experiment and other statistical techniques
- 2+ years’ experience managing and analyzing large data sets of data with advanced tools, such as R and Python
- Experience extracting, transforming, and loading data from structured and unstructured databases, such as: Hadoop, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, BigQuery etc.
- Other programming experience (Spark, Scala, Java, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with software development and architecture related to Marketing research, Customer Insights, or Consumer Behavior highly preferred.
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Campaign Analyst
BounceX, New York
Technical Program Manager, Reliability
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Pinterest, San Francisco
HelloFresh, Verden, Deutschland
Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Content Development
Netflix, Los Angeles, California