Director of Analytics
HelloFresh, New York City
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Get cooking with HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
Director, Analytics and Data Science Job Description:
We’re hiring a Director of Analytics to work alongside the SVP of Growth & Analytics to scale the team. To succeed in this role, you’ll need a thorough understanding of offline and online product and marketing metrics, a customer centric mindset, and a desire to solve problems with a data first approach.
- Build out an analytics and data science function for HelloFresh U.S. in collaboration with the global HelloFresh team
- Direct the development, design, and implementation of analytics initiatives, for HelloFresh US.
- Be the center of excellence for all things related to analytics and data science across departments
- Interface with non-technical business teams to understand and translate needs into requirements in order to help solve business and customer problems.
- Manage the team of analysts performing variety of analyses such as: advertising performance analysis, website analytics, customer segmentation, advertising targeting models, ROI modeling, lifetime value analysis, cross channel analysis, media mix analysis, pricing analysis, attribution analysis, recipe and culinary data analytics, A/B testing data analytics etc.
- Manage the team of data scientists supporting various teams and initiatives such as: Personalization, TV and Direct Mail Modeling, CRM and Customer Behavior Modeling etc.
- Create a culture of data driven decision making across all teams
- A leader—initiating structure, managing others’ performance, directing their work, resolving conflict.
- Team player: possess a fantastic can-do attitude (“no” isn’t in your vocabulary) and able to adapt skills to wherever you can best contribute to the team
- A data junkie: you love finding the details in facts, statistics, and putting it all together for an actionable plan
- An excellent communicator of complex (often technical) information to different types of audiences.
- Enterprising to take up and start new projects. Able to achieve work with risk of failure.
- Results Oriented—driven to get work done.
- A critical thinker—who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems.
- Customer focused—focused on serving internal and external customers with respect and care.
- A change agent—influencing and managing effective change.
At a minimum, you have...
- 5+ progressive years’ experience performing advanced analytics using structured and unstructured data.
- 5+ years leading teams of Analysts, Business Intelligence, or Data Scientists.
- Proven ability to motivate and empower people to achieve challenging results.
- Hands-on mastery of SQL, Excel, and R or Python required.
- Other programming experience (Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Java, etc.) is a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist, Intern 2018 - Inference
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Enterprise Data Architect
XO Group, New York
Snap Inc., San Francisco, CA
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Fraud Operations Specialist
Pinterest, San Francisco
Client Services Manager
Pinterest, New York