Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home-cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all of the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
Not only have we been named Europe’s fastest growing startup, but at just five years in, we’re the industry leader. Along the way, we’ve delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide, and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
So, if you’re keen to join a dynamic and energetic team on a journey to scale with your out-of-the-box thinking and rigorous problem solving, look no further. We have an exciting opportunity for a first class, highly commercial Finance Director to join HelloFresh UK.
Reporting to the UK CEO and sitting within the Senior Management team, this is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre, senior finance professional to work in an ‘all round’ Finance Director role. You will be offered the scope to have a true commercial impact on HelloFresh UK, as we continue to develop as the market leaders within the industry.
We are looking for a candidate who can bring excellent experience in accounting, controlling and business modelling and who can work successfully across business teams, including the Group CFO, to advise on what is needed to achieve key results and the overall Company vision. In addition, you will support a high performing team, developing a first class finance function and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and work in a fast paced, highly commercial environment.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver well constructed operating plans and budgets that are clearly communicated and owned by the business
- Understand true business performance, updating forecasts appropriately and performance managing the business to agreed targets
- Be a key business partner to CEO UK and UK SMT e.g. contributing to strategy discussions, challenging assumptions as appropriate, supporting decision making, anticipating and highlighting key issues, being a sounding board etc
- Own and drive relevant supporting processes e.g. financial analysis on strategic and operational plans, targets and business drivers, sign offs on commercial deals
- Ensure timely and accurate financial and management reporting and make current processes around month end closing and audits more efficient and effective
- Create a robust risk and control environment and make sure that best financial overall company interests are taken into account in any decision
- Manage tax planning and compliance for the overall UK business, and oversee all corporate structure related special projects, which might have tax implications.
- Liaise closely with Group finance, controlling, tax and treasury functions and implement Group policies, procedures and organization in the UK
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Manage a team of 5-7 across accounting, controlling and FP&A being responsible for their professional development
Who you are:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with PQE
- Degree from a top university
- Previous experience in a commercial role with demonstrable senior business partnering capabilities
- Experience working within a Group, liaising with central functions
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
- Experience in financial control/audit and subsequent experience at corporate (preferably within an expanding company)
- Experience building accurate financial models and forecasts to support day-to-day business as well as to inform strategy and areas for investment
- Experience with Oracle and other standard reporting and consolidation tools
- Expert in Excel and office suite
- Good communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary + Pension scheme
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Local gym access
- Breakfast everyday
- Desk beers every Friday
- Fantastic social activities including monthly company events
- High level of responsibility from day one
- The opportunity to rapidly advance your career
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Part-time: Legal Counsel HelloFresh Benelux B.V.
Casper, New York
Quantitative Researcher, Finance
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Senior Revenue Accountant
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Executive Assistant Business Partner
Pinterest, New York