Manager, People Operations (HR)
HelloFresh, New York City, NY
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Get cooking with HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
Manager, People Operations (HR) Job Description:
HelloFresh is seeking a driven people operations leader to set our employees up for success from the moment they join the team. Whether it's how they're welcomed on the first day, the accuracy of their paycheck, or the introduction of a new HRIS – you identify the tools, systems and resources needed to deliver a stellar experience for our employees, day after day. The ideal candidate will use their organizational skills and experience in managing teams to create and maintain engaging, people-centric programs, policies, and initiatives, acting as a champion and service provider for our workforce.
- Team Leadership— Lead team executing US payroll, benefits, operational reporting, systems, induction, and other HR operations activities.
- Operations Excellence—Continuously design, build, and measure operational excellence—establishing the Core Services team as an efficient, business and employee focused group.
- Time, Attendance, & Payroll— In partnership with our PEO, lead team to deliver timely and accurate processing of multi-state US payroll. Maintain and improves accurate payroll information; managing the collection, calculation, and entering of data. Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Integration & Communication— Serves as the Department’s liaison to all US locations, as well as central point of contact for projects and communications related to HR business operations, payroll, benefits, systems, etc.
- Seamless Employee Experience— Establish and lead execution of a seamless employee experience, with an induction process that creates raving fans out of employees—including them in our tribe and getting them to productivity, as quickly as possible.
- Departmental Support— Works closely with HR Business Partners, as well as People Growth & Success teams in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing People programs, functions and activities.
- Corporate Policies— Maintain and communicate HR policies and procedures across the US organization.
- Systems & Tools— Identifies optimal solutions that meet the needs of the HR functions by recommending process improvements, system enhancements and alternatives based on specific needs.
- Data & Record Keeping— Provides leadership and oversees employee information collection, analysis and reporting; supervises the input of People data and ensures data integrity.
- Data Quality Management— Develop and drive Zero-Error culture—where processes are executed correctly, the first time.
- Compliance— Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; reporting and maintaining records, among other activities.
- Execution of ad hoc projects, such as: partner with other People teams to launch performance management & engagement tools, support transition from PEO to internal systems & operations, compliance audits, employee handbook maintenance, etc.
- Team player— Possess a fantastic can-do attitude (“no” isn’t in your vocabulary) and able to adapt skills to wherever you can best contribute to the team
- Process oriented— Able to reliably follow set procedures and routines, with set deadlines
- A critical thinker— Who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems
- Motivated— Determined, self-starter, inspired
- Passionate— Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with frequent change and limited direction
- Enterprising— Take up and start new projects. Able to achieve work with risk of failure
At a minimum, you have...
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Finance, Business, Human Resources, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- Expert Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and high sense of urgency for critical timelines
- Familiarity with state (NY, NJ, TX, and CA) /federal payroll and regulations
- At least 2+ years supervising multi-functional HR / People Operations teams delivering operational and service excellence in a multi-site environment—HR/People Operations, payroll, financial reporting, 401k, etc.
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.