Procurement Strategy Manager, Seafood
HelloFresh, New York City
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years-- we are now active in nine markets, and on three continents.
Procurement Strategy Manager, Seafood Job Description: We are looking for an experienced, high potential, and strategy driven procurement expert who is interested in helping us build out the seafood sector of the Procurement team. You will directly with our SVP of Operations and Director of Procurement to build out a road map for one of the fastest growing startups to come out of Europe! Your time will be spent leading a small team of buyers, running the day to day procurement operations, as well as identifying and implementing improvement measures. We are looking for hands-on, numbers-driven people with a focus on impact. This person will have a seat at the table and be given the opportunity to make decisions that will impact the company as a whole.
You will ...
- Strategically develop and optimize our supplier network country-wide for seafood category
- Take full ownership of the seafood department and develop projects from beginning to end
- Coordinate and negotiate with seafood suppliers
- Develop and enhance sourcing strategies that reduce risk and drive savings
- Improve vendor collaboration and procurement processes with the implementation of standardized tools
- Build out a structured procurement process that aligns with the company's goals
- Develop and mentor a small team of buyers
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and change management
- Become the subject matter expert in all things related to seafood and Procurement
You have ...
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience managing and leading a team
- 3-6 years of purchasing experience, preferably in seafood, or other food products
- Vast knowledge and interest in food
- Quantitative and analytical experience (either through education or professional experience), including solid comfort with Excel
You are ...
- Obsessed with food!
- Analytical and a problem-solving zealot
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Entrepreneurial and can make things happen
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
- Comfortable making split-second decisions with far reaching consequences
- Passionate about our business and committed to its growth
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.