Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 5 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. Now we're the fastest growing company in Europe, active and growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve more than US$ 350 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product and become one of the top 3 largest companies to come out of Europe over the past 4 years.
As a member of HelloTech you’ll be exposed to a modern technology stack and a slick cross-functional agile team setup. We have developed a refined product and provide scalability on a global level. Join our HelloTech team and help us to build a fresh food global champion!
About the job
You will be joining the Platform Tribe at HelloTech. Platform forms a stable and fresh environment for our talented teams of developers to thrive. As well as building a great foundation, Platform is also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the other tribes, they make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, and applying the best practices when it comes to Continuous Delivery, Containerisation, Performance, Security etc.
- Deliver solid Infrastructure as Code by using automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Build and maintain container clusters with Kubernetes
- Optimize and improve our CI/CD workflow
- Develop and support tools for infrastructure to be used by other engineers
- Design blueprints and support engineers to implement them
- Mentoring/supporting engineers regarding tools, concepts and best practices
Check out some of the amazing open-source tools that we're building here at Platform:
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our engineering blog.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience as a software developer [Python, Go, or Ruby]
- Experience with system administration or infrastructure maintenance
- Good knowledge of design patterns, system architecture, and best practices
- Practical cloud experience, preferably Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Enthusiasm for open source contribution
- You are passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge
- Loves to automate things
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with immutable infrastructure
- Previous experience working in an environment with microservices
- Knowledge of different deployment patterns (canary, zero-downtime)
What we offer
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Freedom to innovate and test new tools
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Work in a modern office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date and your salary expectations.
We’re committed to making HelloFresh as inclusive as we can be. As part of that commitment, we chose to be transparent about our diversity data. To enable us to build an accurate picture of our workforce, we ask some optional questions in our application process.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Technical Services Engineer, Applications & Integrations
MongoDB, Austin, New York City, Palo Alto, Toronto
Senior Software Engineer - Data Tools
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Third Party Security Program Manager
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Mechatroniker / Einrichter (m/w/d) Montageanlagen
Harry’s, Harry's Germany