(Senior) Manager, Sustainability
HelloFresh, New York City, NY
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Get cooking with HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years – we are now active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We’re hiring an (Senior) Sustainability Manager to join our team here at HelloFresh. In this exciting role, you will spearhead numerous initiatives across multiple departments and categories to ensure HelloFresh remains an innovative, sustainability leader in the meal-kit space. You will uncover actionable and relevant sustainability insights that will drive future decision making. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have a genuine interest in sustainability, the meal-kit industry overall, apply your knowledge and research to solve real business challenges, and possess a keen interest to make a meaningful impact on a hyper-growth organization.
- Refine, champion, and lead HelloFresh’s sustainability efforts as we scale as a business.
- Spearhead the execution of HelloFresh’s long-term sustainability vision, mission, sourcing strategies, and other operational principles.
- Initiate large-scale sustainability projects centered around topics such as packaging materials, agricultural processes (specifically sustainable fisheries and protein practices), vendor analysis, and day-to-day operational practices.
- Program Management – clarify sustainability requirements and drive strategic plan to accomplish goals in the short, medium, and long-term.
- Create robust series of KPI metrics, benchmarks, and reporting dashboards to monitor status quo of current sustainability practices and impact of future efforts and contribute to on-going projects moving forward.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives that have substantive impact on HelloFresh’s sustainability efforts by gaining support of senior management team, alignment with organizational sustainability mission/goals, and clarifying success metrics.
- Serve as a spokesperson for HelloFresh’s sustainability platform both internally and externally (including customers, trade shows, Expos, food and sustainability conventions/conferences, investors, media, industry leaders, etc.)
- Think about how HelloFresh impacts the food system beyond the amazing meal-kits we distribute to our customers and identify opportunities for greater sustainability pursuits.
- Build HelloFresh’s sustainability database to share knowledge, leverage internal and external data sources, analyze current and forecast potential future impact of sustainability efforts.
- Data-driven – You can explore and synthesize complex operational data into actionable sustainability insights to better inform operational decision-making.
- Intellectually curious – You have an insatiable desire to understand how things work, why they work the way do, and consistently challenge the status quo.
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work.
- A self-starter – You are highly motivated and passionate. You’re eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover.
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are comfortable working autonomously.
- A critical thinker – You use logic to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives, and synthesize and present critical information to solve complex problems.
- An excellent communicator – You can explain complex (often technical) information to a variety of audiences.
At a minimum, you have...
- Minimum of 3-6 years of relevant work experience leading multilateral sustainability initiatives (preferably in the food/beverage industry, E-Commerce, or other related area).
- Vast sustainability experience in multiple areas of operations/procurement including (but not limited to) sourcing strategies, agriculture practices, and project implementation & management.
- Previous external communications experience serving as a spokesperson for a company’s sustainability efforts with media and industry speaking opportunities.
- Proven track record of solving complex business problems related to sustainability with full-cycle hands-on experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, or other relevant area of study.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel).
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Senior Engagment Manager
Zuora, New York
Public Affairs Manager, APAC
Supply Chain Linehaul Associate
HelloFresh, Grand Prairie, TX
Operations Analyst, Driver Growth
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Manager, Express Drive Customer Experience
Lyft, San Francisco, CA