Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) - Mobile (m/f/x)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
- Working closely with product owners, engineers, designers, UX writers, and researchers in our mobile squads, including giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Scoping problems into projects and prioritizing them. Facilitating meetings, workshops, and design reviews.
- Lo-Fi: work on user flows, diagrams, user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Hi-Fi: implementing strong visual design skills to build user interfaces (i.e. typography, colors, grid, layout).
- Designing specifically for mobile (iOS, Android).
- Following the guidelines in our Design System in a thoughtful way and with an eye for improving it.
Who we are looking for
- Experience designing mobile products (iOS, Android)
- A deep understanding of both qualitative and quantitative user data (i.e. A/B testing, surveys, analytics tools, usability test)
- Intellectual curiosity
- A passion for learning and self-improvement
- A deep empathy for users and people around you
- The ability to remain flexible in an ever-changing, fast-moving, startup environment
- A positive, "up-for-it" attitude
- Strong communication skills including knowing when to escalate problems
- The ability to embrace a problem while detaching from your solution or personal taste
- Self-organization. You're comfortable working both autonomously and within a group
- Strategic thinking. You think about products with a big-picture mindset
- A well-timed gif contribution in the UX Slack group ;)
- Tool proficiency with Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe CC, Prototype tools (anything), and any new ones you can wow us with!
It would be beneficial if you also have the following:
- Experience in illustration, icon design, micro-interactions (animations).
- Huge plus: the occasional baking and sharing of treats!
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part Time UX Design Instructor
General Assembly, Chicago
Bizly, New York Office
2D Artist - Mobile Games
Scopely, Barcelona, Spain
Senior UI Designer
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, New York
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, Boston, MA