Packaging Process Engineer
HelloFresh, Boulder, Colorado, United States, Irving, Texas, United States, Newark, New Jersey, United States
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
The Process Engineer works with people, processes and equipment in an effort to optimize Packaging operations with the HelloFresh Distribution Centers and their associated external partners. The ideal candidate will use their experience and technical acumen to enhance efficiencies throughout the HelloFresh network.
Design & Implementation
- Identify and implement process changes that will improve efficiencies, capacity & throughput.
- Identify and implement sauce processes including mixing, conveying, storing, and dispensing fluids.
- Support the optimization of packaging processes end to end.
- Develop preferred methods/standard operating procedures for the warehouse in conjunction with operational support.
- Identify, define and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Introduce and adapt improvement methodologies as appropriate to drive change (ex. Lean or Six Sigma).
- Manage processes, projects, and systems in an effort to achieve unit goals in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Create an effective work environment by setting clear objectives, successfully integrating with teams and maintaining open communications.
- Analytical, planning and organizing, sound judgment, decision making, and leadership skills required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Ability to analyze and provide solutions for cost reduction through process improvements and cost/benefit analysis.
- Experience in developing preferred methods/Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proficient in utilizing labor data to cost justify capital expenditure and process change ROI.
- Possess superior multi-tasking ability to meet concurrent project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude, and approach (and the ability to interact with individuals at various levels of the organization, up and down).
- BS Industrial Engineering, Packaging Engineering, or similar field required.
- 2 years of engineering experience in multi-site industrial distribution, manufacturing, or processing environments preferred.
- Experience with using and improving Packaging Equipment.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products with an emphasis in MS Project, Excel, Access, and Visual Basic programming.
- AutoCad proficiency required.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
See jobs at Bluecore