Senior Manager, Operational Excellence
HelloFresh, Toronto, ON
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 9 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
About the Role
We are looking for a full-time Senior Manager, Operational Excellence. Reporting to the Director of National Production, you will:
- Lead the national Operational Excellence team, which includes continuous assessment and improvement; knowledge management and dissemination; change management and communication; and program and project management
- Drive process, equipment, and systems improvements; oversee continuous improvement project roadmap and prioritization; and use appropriate project methodologies and approach to deliver initiatives; mentor Operational Excellence team on project management tools
- Deliver quality, efficiency, and capacity performance targets across multiple sites through operational excellence initiatives, while ensuring a safe work environment
- Lead process standardization and implementation across sites; Collaborate with site stakeholders to plan, collect, analyze and report performance data and assess that data against expected outcomes for the purpose of auditing and improving warehouse and production processes and workflows
- Create and maintain an engaging, collaborative, performance-focused work environment; promote a learning culture by facilitating knowledge sharing and training sessions and developing continuous improvement capability across the organization
- Develop and deliver communication and change management plans to internal and external stakeholders to identify and remove project implementation risks and roadblocks and effectively implement and sustain operational changes
At a minimum, you have:
- 5+ years of project management experience in a Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain experience, targeted towards Continuous Improvement implementation
- Preferably with a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Engineering, Business or a related field
- Strong understanding of OHS and Food Safety and its application in a warehouse and production environment
- An authentic leader, who’s able to build strong relationships, clearly communicate and motivate, and drive accountability at all levels
- An effective collaborator, who empowers and enables others to share ideas, raises awareness, gets buy-in, and delivers fast and well-rounded solutions to complex problems
- A strong analytical problem solver that identifies and simplifies complex issues and drives rapid, focused, and data-driven solutions
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude. Used to working in a high pressure, fast-paced, and constantly changing environment
- Drive and self-motivation. We seek a leader who competes to win and have the burning desire to make a meaningful difference in our business and the lives of our employees
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and warehouse systems and controls
- Professional certifications and/or licenses with Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate meal kits
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- A work-from-home allowance and flexibility to work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year - learn more about our flexible Hybrid Work Approach below!
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
Hybrid Work Approach
At HelloFresh, we know that flexible work arrangements are essential in enabling you to do your best work, while balancing your personal and life needs. Offering remote work flexibility for our employees is a core part of creating a great employee experience. We are also mindful that many employees thrive on in-person interactions and collaboration opportunities at the office (e.g. new joiners, team building, social events, experiencing our product).
To meet those needs, we are pleased to provide a Hybrid Work Approach, which enables employees to work from home up to 50% of the time, and also work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our HQ employees are primarily working remotely from home and we have the office open and available on a voluntary basis for employees who wish to work from there. Pending public health guidelines, we expect to return to the office using our Hybrid Work Approach. Employees will receive a minimum of one month’s notice of our Hybrid Work Approach taking effect and when employees will be expected to start work from the office.
When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto (110 Spadina Avenue)
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, and a ping pong table!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of all staff members at HelloFresh is our top priority. As such, we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health and well-being of our employees against the risks of COVID-19.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is proven to be a safe and effective tool in protecting our health and our communities. In support of this, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all staff members to be fully vaccinated in order to access the office or to attend a HelloFresh sanctioned event located outside of the office.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
The social news and entertainment company.