Factory Ramp- Up Engineer Production International (m/f/x)
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Reporting into the Senior Director Expansion International, you'll be driving and supporting the on-site ramp-up of warehouses and new distribution centers within the global HelloFresh supply chain. This international role will be based in HelloFresh’s Headquarters in Berlin office and will involve travel to our international warehouses (e.g. UK, DACH, CAN, NL, NZ, JP and other geographies) and extended stays during roll-out periods.
Projects ranges from ramp up of new factories in new markets from the scratch to new expansions of existing sites in more mature markets.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
Design and Definition:
- Oversee short term requirements but also longer term growth aspirations
- Support in line design, layout definition and standardization
Set-up and Installation:
- Coordinate, manage and supervise the procurement and installation of warehouse hardware and software on site
- Train local and 3rd party pick & pack partner’s staff in production methods and principles as well as the tool landscape
Execution and improvement:
- Drive continuous development to production, quality, cost, and delivery initiatives while building and maintaining relationships with 3rd party pick & pack partners, hourly associates, managers, carrier partners, vendors, and various departments within HelloFresh
- Implement efficient KPI reporting
- Train and coach local teams to oversee the day-to-day production operations, ensuring accurate on-time and in-quality delivery of customer orders
- Establish procedures, metrics and processes to drive productivity and optimization
- Analyze and identify areas of improvement in cost savings, production, and lead times
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Document and share lessons learned and best practices
What you’ll bring
- Bold: you are a true entrepreneurial spirit and not afraid to take calculated risks to disrupt the status quo; you're a visionary leader that listens to your team and values their ideas
- Agile and flexible: you are capable to evaluate situations on the spot and make the right decisions
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency
- Problem-solver: you have a knack for warehouse operations and are a critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives and present solutions to complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and strive to deliver a product that is second to none
- 5+ years of operational experience within supply chain, manufacturing and/or intralogistics
- Exceptional academic record with degree from top tier college or University (Engineering and Business degrees preferred)
- Demonstrative experience at a top tier (operational / management) consulting firm with focus on operations projects or experience with one of the leading manufacturing companies
- Exceptional project management, conceptual and analytical skills
- Well-versed in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma, APICS, Kaizen certification a plus)
- Efficient Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.) capabilities
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Fluent/highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- Interest to travel
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Budget for home office supplies
- Monthly transportation budget through Rydes app
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for John Reed gyms & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 15 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 15,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 15,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.