HelloFresh, Edmonton, AB
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal.
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a Warehouse Associate who will be responsible for accurately and safely gathering, packaging, and preparing products according to the weekly sales order. Establish practice and procedures for product shipping, picking, and storing. Reporting to the Receiving Supervisor you will be responsible to identify and confirm any products received that do not comply with both quality and quantity of the product. As part of the Production team, you will play a key role working in collaboration with all personnel and managers to ensure the warehouse is running smoothly.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment including food storage and non-food storage areas
- Work closely with the Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance team to ensure all products meet food safety standards
- Work closely with the Production team to ensure all issues are communicated effectively to reduce deviations in production schedule
- Loading and unloading all inbound and outbound shipments
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency at designated ship out stations
- Assist in additional duties as requested by management team
- Receive all incoming ingredients accurately; immediately report damages, and quality issues
- Ensure daily and accurate information flow in receiving system & paperwork
- Conduct case counts and quality sorting of received ingredients
- Cleaning warehouse, receiving area, and loading docks
- Maintain daily forklift and material handling equipment checks
- Maintain and organize pallet locations
- Conduct daily inventory and reject counts
- Learn company software and databases in order to execute receiving/inventory process & documentation
- Use forklift in a safe manner in compliance with Company Health and Safety Policy
- Communicate with Production & Receiving supervisors to ensure all orders are filled out properly and accurately
At minimum, you have:
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 year experience in a high volume receiving role or high volume food service environment
- Experience with computer based shipping/receiving systems
- Experience with Inventory Control
- Very good command of the English language – reading and writing text and numbers is essential.
- Must be willing and able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours with or without reasonable accommodation
- Forklift operator certification (Preferred)
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Overtime, weekend, evening and holiday work, as required
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 44 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.