Safety Coordinator / Sr. Safety Coordinator
HelloFresh, Lake Zurich, IL
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
Due to growth, Factor_75 is looking to add either a Safety Coordinator to our team! As Safety Coordinator you will join forces with the Site Safety Manager to head up workplace safety initiatives for one of our distribution center operations! You will be on the front lines of production and immerse yourself in the trenches to promote HelloFresh’s vision, inspire change, raise the bar on safety performance, and champion a culture of safety!
- Work with integrity and the utmost regard for the safety and health at HelloFresh
- Provides subject matter expertise either through education, training, and/or experience in multiple areas including environmental management, compliance, occupational safety, risk management and/or occupational health
- Ensure OSHA compliance within a HelloFresh/Green Chef Facility including but not limited to: Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT’s); New Hire safety training and ongoing safety training; Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding and Chemical Safety; all necessary recordkeeping and reporting including OSHA 300 Logs
- Assisting EHS site teams as a visual presence on the production floor and identify safety risks
- Assist management team during accident or injury investigations and root cause analysis
- Act as the management team’s subject matter expert for safety and security questions
- Assisting EHS site teams as a visual presence on the production floor
- Identify safety risks present on the floor to be fixed or addressed
- Complete EHS related audits and after-action responses to the identified gaps
- Coordinator other associates on the floor with ergonomics, safety, and other related issues
- Identify employees violating safety rules and coordinator them on a safer way
- Act as an on-site first responder who can provide basic first aid to injured persons
- Ensure visibility of HSE initiatives at the site level (Behavior Safety, Safe Work Permit process, Safety Observations,Near Miss, etc) to all levels of operations management and recommend improvements in effectiveness.
- Demonstrate sound judgement based on observations and evaluation, by site, to determine safety meeting effectiveness and appropriate level of mentoring for safety meeting facilitators. Collect and analyze data to identify safety or injury trends and develop corrective actions
- Ensure contractors and visitors follow HelloFresh safety policies during their time on-site
- Assist with the site emergency action plan and liaison with local first responders when needed
- Conduct a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) of all routine and non-routine tasks performed on-site
- Promote safer forklift operations through training, observation and coaching operators
- Support other departments including quality, food safety, production and logistics as needed
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport and communicate at all levels; you’re confident sharing ideas and are a trusted advisor for workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact and deliver presentations that inspire and influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues and have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
At a minimum, you have...
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with HelloFresh as a production worker with Forklift Training, OR 3 months of Safety Internship in a distribution center environment and an associates degree in safety, OR 2 years of safety experience in a distribution center environment.
- Preferred Safety Certification: GSP, OHST, etc.
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, especially with powered industrial trucks, lockout/tagout, strain and sprain prevention.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Sr. Product Manager: Vault PKI, Key Management and Crypto
HashiCorp, United States - New York Metro (Remote)