Supply Chain Analytics – Data Scientist
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years – we are now active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We’re hiring a Data Scientist to join our Supply Chain Analytics Team here at HelloFresh. In this exciting role, you will develop cutting edge insights using a wealth of data about our suppliers, ingredients, operations and customers to improve the customer experience, drive operational efficiencies and build new supply chain capabilities. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have a genuine interest in using data and analytic techniques to solve real business challenges, and a keen interest to make a big impact on a fast-growing organization.
- Support efforts across the operations organization (supply planning, logistics, procurement, production, etc) leveraging data and advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved decision making that impacts quality, reliability and cost.
- Communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders in a business oriented manner with clear guidelines which can be implemented across functions in the supply chain
- Own the development and deployment of quantitative models to make routine and strategic operational decisions to plan the fulfillment of orders and identify the supply chain capabilities we need to build to continue succeeding in the business
- Perform model and analysis assessment, validation, data gathering and cleaning activities, data visualization
- Partner with our IT department to help enhance our infrastructure and data availability
- Work with complex datasets across various platform to perform various types of analyses, including descriptive, prescriptive, inferential, causal, and exploratory analyses—among others
- A data junkie – you love finding the details in facts, statistics, and putting it all together for an actionable plan
- Intellectually curious – You love to learn new techniques and programming languages, understand why things are the way they are, how things work, and challenge the status quo.
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work.
- A self-starter – You are highly motivated and passionate. You’re eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover.
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are comfortable working autonomously.
- A critical thinker – You use logic to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives, and synthesize and present critical information to solve complex problems.
At a minimum, you have...
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years’ experience delivering analytical solutions to complex business problems
- 2+ years’ experience with logistic regression, decision trees, survival analysis, design of experiment and other statistical techniques
- 2+ years’ experience managing and analyzing large data sets of data with advanced tools, such as R and Python
- Experience extracting, transforming, and loading data from structured and unstructured databases, such as: Hadoop, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, BigQuery etc.
- Other programming experience (Spark, Scala, Java, etc.) is a plus
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Quality Analyst & Researcher
Dataminr, London, UK
Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Content Development
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Arabic & Farsi Quality Analyst & Researcher
Dataminr, London, UK
Codecademy Advisor: Data Science
Senior Data Scientist (m/f)
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA