Quality Assurance Associate - 2nd Shift
HelloFresh, Lake Zurich, IL
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
As you may have read in the news …..
“HelloFresh Acquires Ready-to-Eat Meal Company Factor75, Inc.”
- The acquisition marks the next step in HelloFresh’s growth plan in the US to strengthen its leading position and to expand its total addressable market
- Both companies will benefit from their combined resources, operational excellence and data-driven approach
We are extremely excited by this news as we add to the range of products available to our customers.
What is Factor?
We believe that health and wellness starts with food and what you put into your body. Our goal is to help our customers achieve their health and wellness goals. We focus on being physically fit and healthy with nutritious, purposeful eating. We want to help real people achieve real results without sacrificing time and energy trying to sort through the overwhelming amount of information.
We use the freshest, highest quality ingredients available, and our in-house culinary team is constantly working to optimize the nutritional value of every single meal. Meals arrive fresh and are fully prepared- simply heat in the microwave or oven and enjoy!
The Quality Assurance Associate audits our production processes to ensure our customers receive a safe, high-quality product. This position completes various inspections on the quality of fresh produce and the inclusion of all required ingredients. Attention to detail and the ability to work independently are key for this role.
Second Shift: Thurs-Sun 6:00pm - 3:30am
- Maintain proper sanitation and personal hygiene practices
- Complete audits at a designated cadence during various steps of the production process
- Ensure food safety standards are met at all times
- Follow and enforce strict manufacturing policies and procedures involving allergen control, Organic and Gluten segregation
- Verify completeness and accuracy of daily production documentation
- Complete daily sanitation, facility, and quality documents as needed
- Works with cross-functional team(s) to place unacceptable ingredients on hold or non-conforming product received at facilty
- Monitor temperatures of ingredients and storage locations
- Routine testing and swabbing of production areas to ensure accuracy of sanitation procedures
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues and concerns
- Any and all other functions as determined by management
- Motivated: Strong work ethic, works with a sense of urgency, and motivated by meeting team and individual goals
- Experienced in order fulfillment, fulfillment support, order picking and all inbound/outbound mechanisms
- Able to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Problem solver with accuracy and a high attention to detail
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to operate equipment such as forklifts
At a minimum, you have…
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Previous food, grocery, or restaurant experience preferred, but not required
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to lift 25 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regular stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, and walking
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 70 degrees Fahrenheit
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.