Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home-cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all of the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
Not only have we been named Europe’s fastest growing startup, but at just five years in, we’re the industry leader. Along the way, we’ve delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide, and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
So, if you’re keen to join a dynamic and energetic team on a journey to scale with your out-of-the-box thinking and rigorous problem solving, look no further. We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Food Buyer to join HelloFresh UK.
Reporting into the Head of Procurement, you’ll be responsible for strategic sourcing and supplier management to deliver on the category strategy - ensuring that we achieve the highest standards of supply, cost and quality of goods to our customers. You’ll play a crucial role in ensuring our customers receive the very best ingredients you can find!
What you’ll do:
- Full ownership of the category: scope, design, plan, execute and iterative development including:
- Sourcing of new suppliers & brand partners and growing your category
- Reporting on supplier performance
- Invoice reconciliation and management, including credit requests and contracts
- Investigating any complaints relating to ingredients within your categories
- Reducing waste
- Lead and develop innovative ingredient plans for all months as well as key seasons, with a focus to improve the product using this market trend knowledge
- Identification and execution of strategic procurement projects
- Contract management including commercial negotiations, service level agreements
- Create joint strategic initiatives with suppliers. For example: cost saving, quality improvements
- Coach, train and develop your Category Buyer(s) according to business requirements and personal career ambitions
- Create a work environment that is both challenging and enjoyable
- Deliver to the category’s cost budget, balanced against the supply and quality targets
- Manage a small team and lead your Category Buyers to success, by leading from the front and emulating the HelloFresh brand in everything you do
Who you are:
- Experience managing supplier relationships
- Knowledge of HACCP, labeling, allergens and other relevant information
- Quantitative and analytical experience including intermediate to advanced excel
- Demonstrated purchasing experience within the FMCG sector
- Experience using ERP systems/invoicing systems (preferred but not essential)
- Able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
- Passionate about our business: food-loving and a problem-solving zealot
- Competitive salary + pension scheme
- High level of responsibility from day one
- Freedom to realise your ideas to create effective solutions, with plenty of room for personal growth
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Other awesome perks including: Local gym access, breakfast everyday, desk beers every Friday and fantastic social activities
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.