Continuous Improvement Manager, Procurement
HelloFresh, Toronto, Canada
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
About the Role
We are seeking a high-performing, self-driven and independent Continuous Improvement Manager, Procurement with exceptional communication skills to transform our ingredients and packaging inbound supply chain and processes. Reporting to the Associate Director, Procurement Operations, you will lead and develop a team of continuous improvement analysts who will drive operational excellence across our E2E supply chain and foster a culture of transformation and continuous improvement. As a part of the Procurement team, you will play a key role in improving our supply chain reliability, reducing waste, and helping us deliver the best possible value to our customers by developing a deep understanding of our processes, data and technology.
You will succeed in this role by utilizing effective communication, stakeholder management, project management and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Prioritize, plan, and execute multiple supply chain process improvement initiatives aimed at improving process efficiency, reducing costs, or improving reliability
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization (including teams from procurement, planning, logistics, technology, data, DC, operations, and finance) to proactively identify risks, align on priorities, and develop / implement solutions that span multiple functions
- Serve as the subject matter expert on our vendor-to-DC supply chain processes, and represent the Procurement team in key business decisions
- Identify gaps in our current supply chain processes, and forecast future gaps based on our product and operations roadmap, bringing innovative solutions to the project pipeline to ensure we continue to scale our operations at a rapid pace
- Partner with our supply chain technology team to ensure that our systems and processes are thoroughly integrated, meet current/future business requirements, and are highly scalable; support master data and technology migration projects
- Support creation of standard operating procedures and documentation across different areas of our supply chain
- Track project progress and KPIs; Collaborate with our data team to create dashboards for reporting metrics to track progress.
- Build, develop, and lead a small team of continuous improvement analysts
At a minimum, you have:
- Graduate/Post Graduate degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or equivalent field
- 5+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience with logistics, supply chain management, management consulting, or a related field
- Demonstrated achievements in identifying and implementing process improvements in large-spend organizations with complex, high volume procurement
- Lean Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt certification is desirable
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of procure-to-pay, spend analysis, performance metrics and measures development, gap analysis or cost reduction processes
- Demonstrated ability to engage and collaborate with broad set of cross-functional teams and stakeholder groups including all levels of the leadership team
- Outstanding and highly structured communication skills, with the ability to build and effectively communicate a strategic plan to stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- A love for solving complex, ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
- Experience managing and leading a team of direct and indirect reports
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate meal kits
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- A work-from-home allowance and flexibility to work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year - learn more about our flexible Hybrid Work Approach below!
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
Hybrid Work Approach
At HelloFresh, we know that flexible work arrangements are essential in enabling you to do your best work, while balancing your personal and life needs. Offering remote work flexibility for our employees is a core part of creating a great employee experience. We are also mindful that many employees thrive on in-person interactions and collaboration opportunities at the office (e.g. new joiners, team building, social events, experiencing our product).
To meet those needs, we are pleased to provide a Hybrid Work Approach, which enables employees to work from home up to 50% of the time, and also work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our HQ employees are primarily working remotely from home and we have the office open and available on a voluntary basis for employees who wish to work from there. Pending public health guidelines, we expect to return to the office using our Hybrid Work Approach. Employees will receive a minimum of one month’s notice of our Hybrid Work Approach taking effect and when employees will be expected to start work from the office.
When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto (110 Spadina Avenue)
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, and a ping pong table!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of all staff members at HelloFresh is our top priority. As such, we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health and well-being of our employees against the risks of COVID-19.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is proven to be a safe and effective tool in protecting our health and our communities. In support of this, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all staff members to be fully vaccinated in order to access the office or to attend a HelloFresh sanctioned event located outside of the office.
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to do adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
The social news and entertainment company.