Associate Quality Manager
HelloFresh, Newark, NJ
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Since the digitization of the grocery and meal delivery industry, HelloFresh has been at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to whip up mouthwatering meals from home! With over 500% growth since our inception in 2011, we’re now the fastest growing company in Europe and the biggest European startup in the US - active and growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents. With a team as diverse as our palate; come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
As the Associate Quality Manager, you will have a direct hand in ensuring ingredients of the highest quality are dished out to our customers’ dinner tables! Teaming up with the Quality Manager, you will be on the front lines helping to build and maintain Food Safety quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products while recording quality results.
- Partner with the Quality Manager to oversee Quality, effectively motivating, engaging, and leading a team of Supervisors, Leads, and Associates
- Ensure adherence to OSHA, GMP, SQF, food safety and facility compliance while meeting operational goals and continuously driving improvements
- Develop and/or adapt inspection equipment to meet quality control standards, make suggestions to procedures, standards and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality
- Compile and maintain inspection reports and records
- Work closely with Purchasing to ensure adequate quantities and ingredient quality meets expectations
- Maintain discipline, morale and harmonious relations among Quality team
- Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments and terminations.
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the Facility to provide feedback and drive change from within, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Fellow Foodie: passionate about Food Safety + Quality
- Analytical: numbers and data are your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Flexible/Adaptable: thrive in autonomous environments with high growth and don't get overwhelmed easily
- Results-driven: natural problem solver with excellent prioritization skills and a focus on quality
- Bachelor degree with 3+ years of leadership experience within food plant; at minimum, must have HS diploma / GED with 6+ years as Quality Manager in Food plant)
- Strong knowledge of food handling / food safety procedures and regulations (HACCP, SQF, GMPs, etc.)
- Performance Management experience; motivated, engaged, coached, developed team of 20+ employees
- Knowledgeable in Lean manufacturing principles a plus
- Superior communication, able to communicate across all levels-direct reports, cross-functional teams and executives
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production and maintaining productivity
- Tech-saavy, able to develop and maintain reports for tracking product quality, food safety, and more
- High level of integrity and ethics, with excellent follow through on tasks
- Flexible to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Systemadministrator/-in (m/w) European Workspaces
Store Leader, Palo Alto
Warby Parker, Palo Alto, CA
Global Travel Lead
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Operations Supervisor (Full-Time) - Sloane Square
rag & bone, London, UK
Senior Director of Sales Operations
Reddit, San Francisco
Production Team Leader - 3 permanent positions
HelloFresh, Sydney - Greystanes