Associate Facilities Manager
HelloFresh, Newark, NJ
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Since the digitization of the grocery and meal delivery industry, HelloFresh has been at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to whip up mouthwatering meals at home! So, how do we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energized home chefs and culinary artists that expands across the globe. With over 500% growth since our inception in 2011, we’re now active and growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents making HelloFresh the fastest growing company in Europe and the biggest European startup in the US!
Got a lot on your plate?? Craving a new adventure?? Come see what's cookin' at HelloFresh!
As the Associate Facilities Manager, you will oversee all facilities-related maintenance, reliability, and operations within the New Jersey distribution center. You will take a hands-on approach to leadership, effectively engaging, motivating, and coaching team members. Partnering with the Senior Director of National Facilities, you will develop the road-map for operational efficiency and set the standard for best practices, transforming HelloFresh operations into best in class!
- Oversee facility-related assets and ensure proper use and distribution of equipment, including maintenance, building, grounds, security, electrical systems, utility systems, refrigeration, PIT equipment, materials and overall upkeep of the distribution center
- Supervise inventory, logistics, and building security to ensure all departments are running smoothly
- Motivate, engage, coach and inspire a team of supervisors and associates, creating a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback and drive change from within
- Manage outside vendors facilitate planned and unplanned repairs
- Ensure that maintenance regulations are followed and current
- Maintain current list of contractors to ensure that all emergency repairs are handled
- Identify problems and brainstorm improvement strategies for the distribution center
You are / have…
- 3+ years’ experience managing facilities maintenance/operations within the Food/Beverage/Perishables industry
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Knowledgeable in HAACP/ GMP/SQF
- Well-versed in recent OSHA regulations and compliance; OSHA certified a plus
- Qualified to handle electrical components, controls, and HVAC
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, manuals, and schematics
- Exposure to ammonia, refrigeration, and/or PSM compliance systems and comfortable working in cold storage facilities
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement and project management skills
- Effective leader and communicator for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- High level of integrity and ethics with excellent follow-through
- Flexibility to work weekends and/or night shifts
We offer... Competitive salary with great benefits, regular team-building events, heavily discounted HelloFresh meals, and more!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit http://www.hellofresh.de
Jobs You May Like
Retail Operations Associate (Part-Time)
Trunk Club, Chicago
Peloton, Mt. Vernon Warehouse
Galvanize, San Francisco
2nd Shift Distribution Center Supervisor
thredUP, Mechanicsburg, PA
Program Development Manager, Driver Loyalty
Lyft, San Francisco, CA