Produce Field Specialist
HelloFresh, Irving, TX
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
- Travel to various regions to meet with growers, packers and processors to inspect quality and food safety, meeting with potential new growers/farmers, etc.
- Handle field packing and processing plants inspections of product before shipping
- Work with growers, packers and processors on best practices and ensure Food Safety practices are being followed
- Instruct vendors or contractors on upstream guidelines, testing procedures, or ways to eliminate deficiencies
- Be the subject matter expert in your category (supply chain, regulatory, quality/food safety potential issues)
- Support insourcing initiatives by helping build out business case through the lens of quality improvement
- Assist and coordinate shelf life, packing and processing tests as needed by Procurement team
- Update and maintain Quality specifications book for all produce items across HelloFresh companies
- Support Produce Procurement team in receiving and inspection procedures/SOPs of produce from Distribution Centers
- Visit our Distribution Centers and work with Quality Managers and Inspectors to support and expand their produce knowledge
- Work with Quality inspectors to properly use USDA and HelloFresh produce inspection techniques and implement SOPs
- Identify gaps in our procurement process, and identifying new product opportunities for the Produce Procurement team
- Work in any other produce related projects as required by Procurement
- Be able to work in a collaborative team environment, and adhere to the 7 Core DNA Values established by Hellofresh
- 3-5+ years professional experience in Produce related field including Produce Quality/Inspection, Field/Growing Management, or Field Inspection
- BA/BS required; Produce/Agriculture as field of study is highly preferred
- Highly advanced technical knowledge of produce
- Adventurous spirit: willingness to travel and spend significant time onsite with farmers, growers, processors and food producers at HelloFresh
- A+ Communication skills: ability to effectively and clearly communicate with large variety of individuals, from farmers/growers to management team members at HelloFresh
- A problem solving nature and ability to develop creative solutions to complex challenges across the business
- Renown attention to detail.. You are able to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment. You are a proactive problem-solver: You always look for a better, more efficient way to complete your own and the team’s tasks.
- A cross-departmental mindset: You can run projects involving operations, procurement, quality, and food safety teams.
- A desire to be part of a high-growth company, are interested in food and technology, and are ready to take on significant responsibility.
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to do adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.
Want to learn more about HelloFresh? Visit HelloFresh's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare