HelloFresh, New York City
Delivering great recipes and fresh ingredients to your home each week
Get cooking with HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years-- we are now active in nine markets, and on three continents around the world.
Senior Accountant Job Description:
- Month-End Closing: Assist with the monthly financial close by preparing account reconciliations, recording journal entries and maintaining accurate supporting documentation.
- Reporting: Analyze period over period fluctuations and provide insightful commentary of key business drivers; respond timely to inquiries through research and analysis
- Audits: Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Strategy: Analyze business operations and data, and present actionable process improvements. You collaborate with other departments, such as operations, procurement, and marketing, to find savings and identify solutions that will allow us to scale rapidly.
- Projects: Identify quick wins and work on longer-term projects.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance from a top university / college required; CPA is a plus.
- 3-5 years professional accounting experience with a top public accounting firm or mid to large size company (over $100 million revenue) preferred.
- Thorough understanding of accounting methods, bookkeeping and reconciliations is a must. Experience with US GAAP and IFRS accounting is a plus.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, etc.) required. Familiarity with ERP systems, Concur, and/or Oracle is a plus.
- Your attention to detail is renowned. You are able to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment. You are a proactive problem-solver: You always look for a better, more efficient way to complete your own and the team’s tasks.
- Cross-departmental mindset: You can run projects involving operations, procurement, marketing and finance. You communicate clearly, and excel at giving structured recommendations.
- You want to be part of a high-growth company, are interested in food and technology, and are ready to take on significant responsibility.
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh is a multinational meal delivery service with a presence in several Western European and North American countries, as well as Australia. The company was founded in 2011 in Berlin by Dominik Richter, Thomas Griesel and Jessica Nilsson.