This position is based in Philadelphia.
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join the Hero Digital Data & Insights team.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain a database architecture.
- Design and implement secure data pipelines to prepare, process, ingest and organize data into data warehouse from disparate on-premise and cloud data sources.
- QA and troubleshoot performance of data pipelines and queries accessing data warehouse.
- Create and build high-performing BI dashboard integrations with leading BI & data visualization tools.
- Automate, optimize, and maintain regular reporting for clients using in-house or cloud-based data warehouse and its integrations.
- Expand accessibility of data to internal and external partners to further data democratization and analysis.
- Create best practices and standards for data pipelining and integration of data sources with data warehouse.
- Work with data analysts where needed, including serving as a data integration, collection, and automation expert as well as assisting with navigation of data ecosystem.
- Evaluate opportunities to expand data engineering solutions within the organization and for clients.
- Scope and lead deployment of data engineering solutions.
- Fill in where needed to support Analytics department.
Who You Are
- A combined 2 - 3 years experience in a data warehouse, analytics, and/or data engineering role.
- Proficient in Python, Spark and/or Scala.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Ability to understand data pipelines and modern ways of automating data using cloud based and on-premise technologies.
- Experience developing data solutions on Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, or BigQuery.
- Experience developing/implementing data transformation via ETL processes and data pipelines with a tool like Funnel.io or Talend.
- Exposure to a website tagging platform, like Google Tag Manager, Adobe DTM, etc.
- Experience with data visualization platforms like Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Familiarity with Digital Marketing.
- Open to learning new technologies depending on client needs.
- Experience connecting to APIs.
- Experience with SQL Server setup/management.
- Experience with software development.
- Familiarity with a website analytics tool, such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity with Tableau Online.
Who we are
We are building the leading independent customer experience agency in North America. We partner with brands on their biggest opportunities, driving their growth through a relentless focus on the customer. Hero Digital helps turn vision into reality—crafting iconic experiences, and building customer loyalty. Led by the experts in strategy, marketing, data, design, and technology, we work in lean teams who focus on solving client problems and delivering results at market speed. As a trusted advisor to the world’s best brands, we have created experiences that have defined companies like Western Digital, Sephora, Salesforce, and Aramark.
Do you share the values that set our company apart?
We are expanding our team of humble and hardworking people who share the qualities we believe in. We seek those who are genuine, entrepreneurial, collaborative, nimble, and dedicated.
As an entrepreneurial firm, we celebrate leaders at all levels who take risks and make magic happen. We believe in warm, direct, and genuine communications with our clients and with each other. As a collaborative company, we believe that no one will be as successful alone as the team will be when working together. Being nimble in our approach makes our work more fun and our customers happier. We are dedicated to our goals. The commitment we make to our work is the source of our pride and the basis of our reputation.
Finally, we believe that diverse teams make innovation possible and that it is a business imperative to build a company reflecting the world we live in today. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Please submit resume/portfolio and availability.
About HERO Digital
Hero Digital was created to craft great, multi-channel customer experiences for the world’s best brands. Our multi-disciplinary teams collaborate from project kick-off through to launch, integrating strategy, design, engineering, and analytics on brand experiences that keep customers engaged. Clients choose us because we disrupt traditional models and get our practice team engaged immediately to understand challenges, scope work, and execute. They continue to come back to us because we produce results and serve as a committed business partner on every project.
Want to learn more about HERO Digital? Visit HERO Digital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Campaign Manager, Programmatic
AKQA, San Francisco, CA, United States
Vroom, New York City, NY
Senior Display Marketing Analyst
Red Ventures, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Manager, Healthcare Business Development
Headspace, Santa Monica
EnerNOC, UK - Leeds
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.