This position is based in our Iselin, New Jersey or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania office.
We are looking for an engineering leader to join the team at Hero Digital. Do you love leading engineering teams and solving problems for amazing clients? Are you comfortable owning multiple tracks of work and playing a variety of roles? Do you love getting your hands dirty while keeping an eye on the big picture? If so, you are the right person for this job.
What You’ll Do
- Build, lead, mentor, and encourage a team of Engineers and help steer their career growth and trajectory
- Utilize your deep understanding of package solutions from Adobe, Oracle, and Salesforce, with a focus on the digital marketing stack; make recommendations when appropriate
- Work closely with our creative team, front end engineers, and engineering leadership to bring the site vision to life while ensuring that we are implementing our solutions with technology-specific and web application best practices
- Estimate and scope projects, and manage engineering, client relationship, and successful project delivery
- Work directly with clients' technical staff to establish relationship and trust
- Translate clients' business requirements into systems design
- Provide both high-level and detailed estimates for development endeavors
- Architect and build advanced dynamic web applications based on digital marketing stacks such as AEM, Contentful, etc.
- Implement complex components, templates and API integrations following architecture best practices
- Develop iconic experiences with modern SPAs such as ReactJS and VueJS
- Design and implement integrations with 3rd party APIs directly and via middleware
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to entire web application, including performance, stability and security
- Ensure proper coding techniques, completing code reviews and mentoring individual developers
- Proactively identify and mitigate risk on project
- Represent Hero Digital in the engineering community, including helping with recruiting/hiring
Who You Are
- 10+ years of professional software/web development experience
- Previous experience as a tech lead for a project, including estimation, scoping, managing project engineering team, client management, and successful delivery
- Experience building, managing, and leading a team of Engineers
- Experience working within a collaborative, cross-functional agency environment, particularly with QA analysts, creatives, UX and Visual designers, strategy, and business analysts
- Experience participating in client management activities and client relationship management, including business development, scoping, and leading development sprint activities
- Multi-solution architect and engineer with demonstrated expertise delivering solutions on the Adobe Experience Cloud (i.e. AEM, Assets, Analytics, Target, etc.)
- Hands on engineer with deep working experience with Adobe Experience Cloud and understanding of standard Java development, particularly in web application development. namely; Java, J2EE, Application server development, Spring, Ajax, OSGI, JCR and SQL
- Experience building modern decoupled single page web applications (e.g. React, Vue, Angular) backed by REST or GraphQL web services
- Experience with DevOps pipelines and tools (Git, Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker, Chef, etc.) and at least one cloud infrastructure provider (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack)
- Experience crafting, implementing, and supporting private, public, or hybrid clouds and associated management tools
- Experience with REST APIs and data exchange protocols like JSON and XML
- Degree in Computer Science, or other meaningful experience
Who We Are
We are a leading independent customer experience agency in North America that was born in California, at the intersection of business, design, and technology. Our purpose is to bring moments of Truth & Beauty into people’s lives by creating customer experiences that are good for people and good for business. We drive growth and loyalty through a relentless focus of placing our client’s customers at the center of their business. Led by the experts in strategy, marketing, data, design, and technology, we work in blended teams, solving client problems and delivering results at market speed. These teams help Fortune 500 companies like Comcast, Oracle, Twitter, U.S. Bank, Salesforce, Sephora, UnitedHealthcare, and TD Ameritrade Institutional invent, transform, and perform to deliver new brand and business value.
Do you share the values that set our company apart?
We are expanding our team of humble and hardworking people who share the qualities we believe in. We seek those who are Wholehearted, Craft-driven, and Bright.
We are grounded in the values of who we are that ultimately lead to moments of Truth & Beauty. We celebrate leaders at all levels who take risks and create magic. We bring our complete, genuine, and whole-hearted selves forward each day. We are craft-driven in nature, with strong curiosities, but with a diligent and meticulous approach. And we bring an unexpected brightness through imagination, inspiration and an optimistic mindset. The commitment we make to our work is the source of our pride and the basis of our reputation.
Above all, Hero Digital is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience. One that reflects the world we live in today. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes people regardless of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
About HERO Digital
Hero Digital was created to craft great, multi-channel customer experiences for the world’s best brands. Our multi-disciplinary teams collaborate from project kick-off through to launch, integrating strategy, design, engineering, and analytics on brand experiences that keep customers engaged. Clients choose us because we disrupt traditional models and get our practice team engaged immediately to understand challenges, scope work, and execute. They continue to come back to us because we produce results and serve as a committed business partner on every project.