Rogue Company - Senior Character Concept Artist
Hi-Rez Studios, Alpharetta, GA
See jobs at Hi-Rez Studios
What our Concept Artist do:
- Explore a wide variety of ideas for new characters and character skins.
- Create detailed and polished final illustrations as requested.
- Create artwork for both reference use by the Art team, and for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Follow Art Direction to maintain visual style of the game, and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
- Assisting with paintovers of images of models in progress to help direct and guide modelers towards more effective product
- Create callout pages of real world reference for materials and construction of clothing
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience creating concept artwork for games, film or animation.
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional character designs.
- Strong grasp of composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and proportions.
- Knowledge of fashion clothing and military gear.
- Experience working with realism.
- Experience with hard surface design.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Proficient with Photoshop for asset creation.
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to take constructive feedback.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Preferred candidates have:
- Degree or formal art education in illustration or traditional painting.
- Experience with Unreal 4 engine.
- AAA game development experience.
- Experience with 3D software packages a plus.
About Hi-Rez Studios
Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment and is now one of the largest video game studios in the Southeast United States. Our games include the squad-based shooter Global Agenda, the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend, and SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods.
Our studio is a spacious development facility just outside of Atlanta, Ga., in the northern suburb of Alpharetta. Our talented development team consists of industry-proven concept, character, environment, and technical artists, animators, designers, and programmers. A carefully crafted development pipeline assures smooth results in every aspect of our project, whether working autonomously or as part of a focused team. We use efficient work methods, such as Scrum sprint milestones and daily play tests to meet our goal and produce games that gamers will be excited to play.
Want to learn more about Hi-Rez Studios? Visit Hi-Rez Studios's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.