SMITE - Senior UI Programmer
Hi-Rez Studios, All Locations
See jobs at Hi-Rez Studios
What our UI Programmers do:
- Our UI programmers work closely with User Experience, Design, and Gameplay Programming teams to create new systems and events with regular updates and maintenance on existing UI scenes.
- Using C++ in conjunction with Unreal 3 and our UI toolkit our team looks to iteratively bring the best experience to our players for many years to come.
Who we are looking for:
- Proven professional C++ skills and fluency in one or more scripting languages, with 5+ years of software programming experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent experience through professional game development, indie projects, or mods.
- Feel at home in a mentoring capacity to Junior members of the team.
- Familiarity with Game UI concepts including multi-platform and multi-input concerns.
- Comfortable prototyping and working within an iterative development process.
- Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Passion for games with a strong work ethic.
- Problem solver.
Preferred employees have:
- UI programming experience.
- Experience with Unreal 3 engine.
- Experience with UI frameworks or middleware, e.g. Scaleform or Coherent
- Knowledge of Perforce command line usage and tools
- Proficiency with SQL Server
- Experience with PC/Windows programming.
- Experience programming for console games.
About Hi-Rez Studios
Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment and is now one of the largest video game studios in the Southeast United States. Our games include the squad-based shooter Global Agenda, the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend, and SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods.
Our studio is a spacious development facility just outside of Atlanta, Ga., in the northern suburb of Alpharetta. Our talented development team consists of industry-proven concept, character, environment, and technical artists, animators, designers, and programmers. A carefully crafted development pipeline assures smooth results in every aspect of our project, whether working autonomously or as part of a focused team. We use efficient work methods, such as Scrum sprint milestones and daily play tests to meet our goal and produce games that gamers will be excited to play.
Want to learn more about Hi-Rez Studios? Visit Hi-Rez Studios's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.