Unannounced Project - Systems Designer
Hi-Rez Studios, UK Remote
See jobs at Hi-Rez Studios
You as a systems designer would:
- Own pillars of system design
- Create meta systems that reward and motivate players in the long term, improving player acquisition, engagement and/or monetization, while respecting players’ time
- Model and tune complex systems while understanding potential effects on the larger ecosystem
- Have empathy, produce systems fun and enticing for a large audience consisting of different player profiles
- Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by multidisciplinary teams
- Closely collaborate with the engineering and art team to effectively implement new features and systems.
- Ability to analyze problems and create multiple potential solutions while clearly articulating trade-offs and risks
- Analyze data and player feedback to continually optimize existing game experience
Who we are looking for:
- 3+ years of game design experience
- Strong understanding and passion for online multiplayer games
- Passion for building engaging systems and obsessing over details
- Understanding of game balance, including statistics and player motivations
- Able to excel in an rapid iteration environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
About Hi-Rez Studios
Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment and is now one of the largest video game studios in the Southeast United States. Our games include the squad-based shooter Global Agenda, the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend, and SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods.
Our studio is a spacious development facility just outside of Atlanta, Ga., in the northern suburb of Alpharetta. Our talented development team consists of industry-proven concept, character, environment, and technical artists, animators, designers, and programmers. A carefully crafted development pipeline assures smooth results in every aspect of our project, whether working autonomously or as part of a focused team. We use efficient work methods, such as Scrum sprint milestones and daily play tests to meet our goal and produce games that gamers will be excited to play.
Want to learn more about Hi-Rez Studios? Visit Hi-Rez Studios's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one