Highfive is a cloud-based service supporting tens of thousands of concurrent users in a mission-critical real-time communication application. We are looking for someone to augment our software engineering team by seeding a site reliability engineering team that will grow alongside the service technology to eventually enable 99.99% global uptime and hundreds of thousands of real-time audio/video streams. As Highfive succeeds, this role should transition to a staff/lead position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, implement, productionize and maintain site reliability process and systems
- Educate the platform software engineering team on reliability best practices, and work to institute changes in the software engineering process to accommodate reliability principles
- Alongside software engineers, provide service outage escalation response
- Manage configuration and security for hundreds of instances across multiple environments and regions
- Manage and build core services and infrastructure across the entire engineering organization
- Help build an adaptable, high-velocity team
- Expertise in site reliability engineering in a multi-datacenter production cloud environment with demanding up-time, real-time performance, and security requirements
- Experience adopting and employing open-source and commercial technology products, as well as writing our own where appropriate, in support of SRE mission
- Strong familiarity with AWS and Docker
- Experience with leading teams and projects
- Experience engaging and negotiating with equipment and service vendors and partners
- Comfort working with senior management to allocate and prioritize engineering energy in support of the SRE mission, in a real-world environment constrained by limited resources and bandwidth
- Experience with instituting, tracking, and being accountable for a global uptime metric
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and networking in a production context
- Experience with physical datacenters and networks
- Experience deploying infrastructure overseas, particularly in environments with unique challenges such as mainland China
- Experience with CoreOS
- Experience with HashiCorp tools (Consul, Vault, and Terraform)
- Experience with Kafka, Cassandra, and/or Spark
- Expertise in cloud network security
Come join our award winning team!
About us Highfive makes meetings awesome with insanely simple video conferencing built for your meeting rooms. Highfive is the easiest-to-use solution, with all-in-one hardware and intuitive cloud software that delivers high-quality collaboration and video conferencing. At a fraction of the cost of traditional systems, you can put Highfive in every room, not just the boardroom, and with it's per-room pricing (instead of per-user), it scales easily and predictably with your company. Highfive is one of the fastest growing companies in the collaboration space, and already making meetings awesome for thousands of organizations including Evernote, Expensify, Warby Parker, Harry's, Rue La La, and Betterment. Highfive is based in Redwood City, California and backed by GV (Google Ventures), Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Lightspeed Ventures.