Highfive is changing the way people communicate at work. We believe in the marriage of world-class engineering with world-class product design. We are looking for highly skilled Android engineers to help build a beautiful and easy-to-use product spanning the complete family of smartphone and tablet devices. If you are someone who is passionate about mobile apps, and loves pushing the boundaries of what is possible across the Android stack, we want to talk to you!
What you'll be doing
- With a cross-functional squad of other engineers and designers, own full software development lifecycle for user-facing features. We have a large backlog of features for the current apps, as well as some exciting plans to expand the mobile footprint to even more Highfive use cases.
- With your fellow members of the mobile guild, share ownership of all aspects of production of the Highfive mobile apps: feature requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation, debugging, testability, and publishing.
- Work with management to define and refine the mobile technology roadmap.
- Constantly pay down technical debt and improve software development processes; evangelize and educate best practices for maintainable, beautiful code among the rest of the software organization.
- 2+ years of focused Android development, preferably at latest job/project but definitely within the last 3 years
- Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to write well architected, maintainable and testable code
- A proven eye for visual aesthetics and good design
- A reputation of being among the top engineers in every team you've worked on
- The ability to work independently, anticipate problems and solve them without any guidance
- You have an app that you have shipped to the Google Play Store
- Experience with real-time collaboration (RTC) technology: audio, video, or real-time networking
- Deep expertise with some of the following: WebRTC, NDK, OpenGL, MediaCodec
- End-to-end product design experience, including user testing, A/B testing, and iteration following user feedback
Come join our award winning team!
About us Highfive makes meetings awesome with insanely simple video conferencing built for your meeting rooms. Highfive is the easiest-to-use solution, with all-in-one hardware and intuitive cloud software that delivers high-quality collaboration and video conferencing. At a fraction of the cost of traditional systems, you can put Highfive in every room, not just the boardroom, and with it's per-room pricing (instead of per-user), it scales easily and predictably with your company. Highfive is one of the fastest growing companies in the collaboration space, and already making meetings awesome for thousands of organizations including Evernote, Expensify, Warby Parker, Harry's, Rue La La, and Betterment. Highfive is based in Redwood City, California and backed by GV (Google Ventures), Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Want to learn more about Highfive? Visit Highfive's website.
Jobs You May Like
Curalate, Philadelphia, PA
Group Nine Media
Software Engineer, Consumer Experience
Group Nine Media, Group Nine Media - New York, NY
Senior/Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Tinder, Palo Alto
Hardware Engineering Manager
Zoox, Foster City, CA
SQL Server Database Administrator
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
BridgeAthletic, United States