Highfive is changing the way people communicate at work for thousands of customers and hundreds of thousands more potential customers. We believe in the marriage of top-shelf engineering with world-class product design. We need skilled frontend engineers to help us bring delight to enterprise use cases through beautiful user experience, while maintaining a platform that adapts and scales with our growing engineering team.
Highfive runs on desktops in a unique combination of pure-browser and native-app JS technologies. As a rich communication app, the Highfive desktop experience relies on various modern and emerging browser technologies including WebRTC, native notifications, and Bluetooth. The job involves a lot more than the typical single-page-app request/response concepts found elsewhere. If you are someone who is passionate about frontend, and loves pushing the boundaries of what is possible across the browser and desktop apps, come talk to us!
What you'll be doing
- With a cross-functional squad of other engineers and designers, own full software development lifecycle for user-facing features. This includes working with backend experts to design and implement the most effective client-server protocols and overall system design.
- With your fellow members of the frontend guild, share ownership of all aspects of production of the Highfive desktop app: feature requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation, debugging, testability, and publishing.
- Constantly pay down technical debt and improve software development processes.
- Work with management to define and refine the frontend technology roadmap.
- Evangelize and educate best practices for maintainable, beautiful code among the rest of the software organization.
- At least 3 years experience in frontend or full-stack software development
- Experience with at least some of the following: AngularJS or equivalent frameworks, Electron or nw.js, WebRTC, WebGL
- Conviction in the notion that frontend code is a first-class citizen in any good software system: that it have elegant architecture, be comprised of clean and maintainable code, and be accompanied by useful tests.
- A proven eye for visual aesthetics and good design
- A reputation of being among the top engineers in every team you've worked on
- The ability to work independently, anticipate problems and solve them without any guidance
- Expertise with browser or rendering engine internals
- Hands-on practical experience with graphics programming
- Experience with other technologies in use at Highfive: C/C++, Java, Scala, Objective-C, and Python
- End-to-end product design experience, including user testing, A/B testing, and iteration following user feedback
About us Highfive makes meetings awesome with insanely simple video conferencing built for your meeting rooms. Highfive is the easiest-to-use solution, with all-in-one hardware and intuitive cloud software that delivers high-quality collaboration and video conferencing. At a fraction of the cost of traditional systems, you can put Highfive in every room, not just the boardroom, and with it's per-room pricing (instead of per-user), it scales easily and predictably with your company. Highfive is one of the fastest growing companies in the collaboration space, and already making meetings awesome for thousands of organizations including Evernote, Expensify, Warby Parker, Harry's, Rue La La, and Betterment. Highfive is based in Redwood City, California and backed by GV (Google Ventures), Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Want to learn more about Highfive? Visit Highfive's website.
Jobs You May Like
Ruby Developer - Customer, Traffic
Senior Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, New York
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Logistics - TMS Manager
Indigo, Memphis, TN
Sr. iOS Engineer
moovel North America, Portland, OR
Data Analyst Consultant, Professional Services - UK