Highfive is changing the way people communicate at work. We believe in the marriage of world-class engineering with world-class product design. We are looking for highly skilled iOS engineers to help build a beautiful and easy-to-use product spanning the complete family of iOS devices: phones, tablets, and wearables. If you are someone who is passionate about mobile apps, and loves pushing the boundaries of what is possible across the iOS stack, we want to talk to you!
What you'll be doing
- With a cross-functional squad of other engineers and designers, own full software development lifecycle for user-facing features. We have a large backlog of features for the current apps, as well as some exciting plans to expand the mobile footprint to even more Highfive use cases.
- With your fellow members of the mobile guild, share ownership of all aspects of production of the Highfive mobile apps: feature requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation, debugging, testability, and publishing.
- Work with management to define and refine the mobile technology roadmap.
- Constantly pay down technical debt and improve software development processes; evangelize and educate best practices for maintainable, beautiful code among the rest of the software organization.
- 2+ years of focused iOS or Objective-C development
- Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to write well architected, maintainable and testable code
- A proven eye for visual aesthetics and good design
- A reputation of being among the top engineers in every team you've worked on
- The ability to work independently, anticipate problems and solve them without any guidance
- You have an app that you have shipped to the App Store
- Deep expertise with UIKit, Core Graphics, Core Animation and OpenGL
- Experience with real-time collaboration (RTC) technology: audio, video, or real-time networking, especially WebRTC
- Experience with iOS hardware accelerated video codecs via AVFoundation
- End-to-end product design experience, including user testing, A/B testing, and iteration following user feedback
About us Highfive makes meetings awesome with insanely simple video conferencing built for your meeting rooms. Highfive is the easiest-to-use solution, with all-in-one hardware and intuitive cloud software that delivers high-quality collaboration and video conferencing. At a fraction of the cost of traditional systems, you can put Highfive in every room, not just the boardroom, and with it's per-room pricing (instead of per-user), it scales easily and predictably with your company. Highfive is one of the fastest growing companies in the collaboration space, and already making meetings awesome for thousands of organizations including Evernote, Expensify, Warby Parker, Harry's, Rue La La, and Betterment. Highfive is based in Redwood City, California and backed by GV (Google Ventures), Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Lightspeed Ventures.