Senior Software Engineer - Real-time Audio/Video
Highfive, California (San Francisco Bay Area) or work from home
See jobs at Highfive
Highfive makes meetings better with video conferencing that’s delightful and easy to use. Founded by two former Googlers and backed by the likes of Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, and General Catalyst, Highfive developed an all-in-one hardware & software solution to fix the age-old problem of why the first 15 minutes of every meeting are a complete waste of time. We’ve got a strong team, a huge addressable market, and a differentiated product. All we need is you!
Highfive wants software engineers to drive the future development of our media platform and conference room device. At Highfive, we are changing the way people communicate at work using our cloud-enabled device, desktop and mobile apps for real-time video and screen-sharing. Our real-time audio/video software engineers are responsible for engineering the best experience on and in a WebRTC media stack.
- An MS or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Well versed in C++ and C, experience with large code bases in these languages.
- A demonstrated grasp of algorithms and general software design principles.
- Experience with media frameworks and applications, with a focus on real-time audio and video.
- Contributed to or worked with WebRTC and Chromium
- Contributed to or worked with a WebRTC SFU like Janus, Jitsi Video Bridge, or Kurento
- Fixed a bug or added a feature in an H.264 encoder or decoder
- Contributed to or worked with media processing frameworks such as GStreamer
- Experience with computer vision, image or audio signal processing
We are headquartered in Redwood City, CA, but our team is highly distributed. We are looking for the best qualified individuals regardless of where you are. If you are in the Bay Area, plan to work from our office, but if you're remote, plan to work from home. As a company that makes a video conferencing product, we're very comfortable with remote work!
About us Highfive makes meetings awesome with insanely simple video conferencing built for your meeting rooms. Highfive is the easiest-to-use solution, with all-in-one hardware and intuitive cloud software that delivers high-quality collaboration and video conferencing. At a fraction of the cost of traditional systems, you can put Highfive in every room, not just the boardroom, and with it's per-room pricing (instead of per-user), it scales easily and predictably with your company. Highfive is one of the fastest growing companies in the collaboration space, and already making meetings awesome for thousands of organizations including Evernote, Expensify, Warby Parker, Harry's, Rue La La, and Betterment. Highfive is based in Redwood City, California and backed by GV (Google Ventures), Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Want to learn more about Highfive? Visit Highfive's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer (All Levels - Node.js and React)
Thrive Market, Los Angeles, CA