Highfive makes meetings better with video conferencing that’s insanely easy to use. Founded by two former Googlers and backed by the likes of Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, and General Catalyst, Highfive developed an all-in-one hardware & software solution to fix the age-old problem of why the first 15 minutes of every meeting are a complete waste of time. We’ve got a strong team, a huge addressable market, and a differentiated product. All we need is you!
Highfive wants software engineers to drive the future development of our media platform and conference room device. At Highfive, we are changing the way people communicate at work using our cloud-enabled device, desktop and mobile apps for real-time video and screen-sharing. Our platform software engineers will be responsible for dreaming up and building cutting edge real-time collaboration features on top of a WebRTC media stack and/or an embedded Linux device.
- An MS or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Well versed in C++ and C, experience with large code bases in these languages.
- A demonstrated grasp of algorithms and general software design principles.
- Experience with media frameworks and applications, with a focus on real-time audio and video.
- Contributed to or worked with WebRTC and Chromium
- Contributed to or worked with ALSA, PulseAudio, Gstreamer, Ffmpeg, Bluez etc.
- Contributed to the Linux kernel.
- Experience with computer vision, image or audio signal processing.
Come join our award winning team!
About us Highfive makes meetings awesome with insanely simple video conferencing built for your meeting rooms. Highfive is the easiest-to-use solution, with all-in-one hardware and intuitive cloud software that delivers high-quality collaboration and video conferencing. At a fraction of the cost of traditional systems, you can put Highfive in every room, not just the boardroom, and with it's per-room pricing (instead of per-user), it scales easily and predictably with your company. Highfive is one of the fastest growing companies in the collaboration space, and already making meetings awesome for thousands of organizations including Evernote, Expensify, Warby Parker, Harry's, Rue La La, and Betterment. Highfive is based in Redwood City, California and backed by GV (Google Ventures), Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Lightspeed Ventures.