Highfive is a venture backed startup that transforms the way people at work communicate with tools that make meetings better through insanely easy-to-use video conferencing. We are looking for an experienced, energetic person to lead our People Ops team. We believe our People Ops team plays a critical role in building an organization that attracts the best people in the world and nurturing the values that drive how we pursue our mission.
Our Senior Director of People Ops will be responsible for designing and implementing everything we need to build a highly functioning group of people. This includes taking responsibility for all people-related functions including recruiting, compensation & benefits, hiring, performance, retention, facilities & promoting our values. You will work with the executive team on all initiatives related to scaling our growing 75+ organization by 2x or more per year.
At Highfive, we strive to think deeply about everything we do and people ops is no exception. It is paramount to us that People Ops at Highfive does not become a center of implementing brain dead policies “just because that’s how every other company does it”. We believe People Ops is responsible for nurturing what makes Highfive a unique place to work and build relationships that people will keep with them throughout their careers and lives.
What you’ll do
- Create an incredible employee experience from onboarding to ongoing development
- Build and drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers, growing our team’s capabilities, and driving employee retention
- Use people-related data to drive better decision making and develop key metrics to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement, and retention
- Develop and implement company-wide performance management programs that reward excellence and drive continuous, transparent feedback
- Create and manage our Recruiting team to ensure that we are attracting top talent and have a streamlined interviewing and onboarding process
What we look for
- 8-10 years experience in People Ops / HR roles with recent experience leading and managing People Ops related teams
- Self-directed leader with experience at rapidly scaling businesses
- Knowledge of legal HR compliance matters
- Progressive and innovative attitude toward people programing and HR guidelines
- Orientation toward high-level company goals and long-term success
- Quantitative & analytical -- at Highfive, we like looking at data
- Ability to immediately earn trust, while working effectively cross-functional
- Thoughtful and skillful people management and mentorship skills
- Ability to think from a first principles basis and not formulaically
- Broad range of experiences across different people-related functions
- Extremely familiar & comfortable with a fast-growing, startup-oriented, constantly-changing environment
- Ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with Highfives’ culture and core values
About us Highfive makes meetings awesome with insanely simple video conferencing built for your meeting rooms. Highfive is the easiest-to-use solution, with all-in-one hardware and intuitive cloud software that delivers high-quality collaboration and video conferencing. At a fraction of the cost of traditional systems, you can put Highfive in every room, not just the boardroom, and with it's per-room pricing (instead of per-user), it scales easily and predictably with your company. Highfive is one of the fastest growing companies in the collaboration space, and already making meetings awesome for thousands of organizations including Evernote, Expensify, Warby Parker, Harry's, Rue La La, and Betterment. Highfive is based in Redwood City, California and backed by GV (Google Ventures), Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Lightspeed Ventures.