Senior Azure DW Architect/Modeler (remote)
Hitachi Solutions, Chicago IL, US
Inspire the next
This position sits in Hitachi Solutions America's Azure Cloud Enablement (ACE) division on the Data & Analytics (BI/DW) team.
Please note: Position is Remote / Virtual / Work-from-home with minimal, if any, travel and you MUST reside in, and be authorized to work in, the US; H1-B transfers possible.
- At least 10 years of overall experience including 7+ years of hands-on experience working in high-level in Data Architecture or Data Science or combination.
- Azure DW skills are REQUIRED, including Provisioning, Configuring and Developing solutions in the Modern Data Estate (ADF, ADLS, SQL DW/Synapse, Databricks and Power BI); other BI/DW experience is a plus; and, experience with other Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, PCF, etc are also a plus.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Hands-on experience using MS SQLServer REQUIRED; other RDBMS platforms such as Oracle, Teradata or similar are a plus.
- Distributed Data Processing of big data batch or streaming pipelines.
- Construction of data science and machine learning research and production pipelines.
- Advanced skill in Power BI highly desired; other data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, etc.) are acceptable.
- Data Modeling using Kimball, Inmon, etc. methods
- Strong analytics skills in Analytics.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Attitude and aptitude are of high importance at Hitachi, we are a very collaborative group.
- Ability to lead teams.
- Microsoft Azure certifications are a big plus; and, we'll keep existing Microsoft certifications current/active and/or get you additional ones!
We would like to see a blend of most of the following skills:
- Data Modeling
- Synapse Analytics experience
- ADF or Synapse Pipelines
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse (SQL DW/Synapse)
- Azure Data Factory (ADF)
- Azure Data Lake Services (ADLS)
- Azure Analysis Services
- Python or Scala (Python preferred)
- Power BI
- Database migration from legacy systems (on-prem) to new solutions (cloud)
- Design conceptual, logical, and physical data models using tools like ER Studio, ER/Win
- Azure DevOps
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
About Hitachi Solutions
Hitachi Solutions is a core IT company of the Hitachi Group, which employs some 400,000 people worldwide. Through systems integration, we provide ideal solutions and products for customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Hitachi Solutions' reach extends to group companies in Japan and abroad, working with a worldwide network of alliance partners. We bring solutions and products to diverse countries and regions including Asia, the United States and Europe.
Want to learn more about Hitachi Solutions? Visit Hitachi Solutions's website.
The global destination for luxury fashion