Teamlead Engineering (m/f/d)
Holidaycheck, Munich, Bottighofen, Poznan
Book cheap hotels & travel with hotel reviews
HolidayCheck is the leading hotel evaluation and travel portal in the German-speaking region. With nearly 8 million reviews, a few million user photos and videos of more than 691,000 hotels, we offer holidaymakers extensive travel know-how.
We are a subsidiary of Holidaycheck Group AG. Together we have a vision to become the most user-friendly company for holidaymakers. At the heart of our corporate culture are our values, which we live by every day and which create an environment that allows for continuous development.
As a People and Practice Manager (m/f) you are a leader who is part of the IT Organization. You empower software engineers to make the biggest possible impact for the company and our Urlaubers while supporting them in reaching their professional development goals
- You directly manage a team working in a matrix organisation to deliver software to meet customer, business, and/or technology needs.
- You coach and develop Software Engineers into top technical talents, such as Seniors and Principals.
- You contribute to the growth of HolidayCheck in building the best IT organization while you identify, attract, hire and retain IT talents from around the world.
- You proactively identify key areas of improvement in the engineering department and effectively drive change across the organization. As part of the IT leadership you make sure that the organization structure supports the business goals.
- You run a successful community of practice while enabling a trustful environment for your team to develop their skills, such as giving technical talks, sharing their knowledge or working together cross team wise.
- You partner with your manager, business stakeholders, customers, UX Designers, Senior/Principal Engineers, etc. to clarify the team mission, vision, and priorities.
- You are an experienced people manager (m/f) who led teams in the past. You lead by example and demonstrate exceptional coaching and leadership skills.
- You have a technical background and the ability to drive technology is a must.
- You are a master in effective communication at different seniority levels, you proactively keep all employees and stakeholders informed of what’s happening, upcoming changes, projects and issues.
- You are motivated to support hiring and you are able to identify engineering top talents.
- You have an independent, pragmatic and proactive work attitude. With your exceptional problem-solving skills, you have an eye towards delivering solutions quickly.
about us The enterprise HolidayCheck AG operates the largest German hotel rating portal and offers extensive travel know-how. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the listed HolidayCheck Group AG, Munich. The main shareholder of the HolidayCheck Group AG is the publisher Hubert Burda Media. Seat of the company is Bottighofen, a Swiss border town on Lake Constance. Core Competences The core competencies of HolidayCheck AG are the large and constantly growing hotel rating database, the extensive holiday pictures archive, as well as a collection of private travel videos and travel tips. In 2007, the rating portal was expanded to include ship ratings. As a further important information channel, HolidayCheck runs the largest German-language travel forum with a lively community. HolidayCheck AG has its own TÜV-certified online travel agency with around 150 employees and works with all well-known tour operators. From the first research to the travel booking HolidayCheck offers one-stop service. Company History The idea for HolidayCheck was already born in 1999. The private experience of a Konstanz student led to the idea of HolidayCheck. The plan was to travel to the Caribbean. At the local last minute travel agency a corresponding offer was found quickly. But there was no comprehensive information about this hotel. The young man researched the internet and came across the private homepage of a Canadian woman who had collected votes about hotels in the Dominican Republic. From then on, he and his friends could not stop thinking about offering such service to as many hotels and holiday destinations as possible. The idea for the evaluation platform was born. Finally, in the summer of 2003, a report on RTL made for the big popularity boost. Today With almost 7 million written reviews (as of 07/2016), several million user photos and videos from more than 650,000 hotels in the database, HolidayCheck, the largest German-language hotel review portal, offers travelers extensive travel know-how. On holidaycheck.de you will find a hotel to your liking, can exchange in the travel forum with over 3 million contributions and choose from the offers of over 100 tour operators your perfect holiday and book. Mission, Vision and Values Our vision is to become the most holiday-friendly company in the world! We give everything to vacationers quickly, easily and in an inspiring way to find the perfect vacation for themselves and book immediately! The heart of our corporate culture and the basis of our actions is a twelve-part set of values.
Want to learn more about Holidaycheck? Visit Holidaycheck's website.
Jobs You May Like
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Senior Consulting Engineer, East
MongoDB, New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Washington D.C., or Raleigh
Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Senior Data Engineer
Common Networks, San Francisco, CA
Software QA Engineer
Linqia, San Francisco Headquarters
Software Engineer - iOS
Blend, San Francisco