(Senior) Software Engineer - Android (m/f/d)
Holidaycheck, München, Bottighofen, Poznan
Book cheap hotels & travel with hotel reviews
HolidayCheck Group AG is one of the leading European digital companies for holidaymakers. Under our roof we combine the hotel rating and travel booking portal HolidayCheck, the tour operator HolidayCheck Reisen, the rental car portals MietwagenCheck and Driveboo as well as the Dutch hotel rating portal Zoover and the weather portals Meteovista-/Weeronline.
Together we have a vision to become the most user-friendly company for holidaymakers. At the heart of our corporate culture are our values, which we live by every day and which create an environment that allows for continuous development.
If you happen to be a pragmatic, test-driven software craftsman or craftswoman who likes working on the edge of technology, come and help our outstanding, truly agile development teams in Munich, DE, in Bottighofen, CH or in Poznan, PL.
- Propose, draft and implement new features for our Android Apps
- Continuously refactor existing code to improve quality and testability
- Help product owners to write great, concise user stories
- Spread your excellent Test Driven Development skillset in your team
- Continuously improve your knowledge and actively share it with peers
- Close cooperation with our user interface department
- Documentation for the app code
- University degree with special emphasis on computer science or comparable qualifications and several years of experience with professional software engineering/development
- You have very good knowledge of Android app development using Java and Kotlin
- You know what the major differences between the Android versions are and are proficient in using libraries which enable good app compatibility with different Android versions and devices
- You know guidelines for mobile UX and what Material Design is
- You have good knowledge of version control using git and developing using Android Studio or IntelliJ IDEA
- You have good understanding of common Android patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM)
- You have worked with Gradle and Jenkins CI
- You have experience with functional testing frameworks for Android applications
- You have already done your own Android projects and know what steps are necessary for successfully publishing an Android app in the available stores
- You have an agile mindset and strive to continually improve your own performance
- Some Scala experience is nice to have
- Thoroughly test-driven, uses modern tools and is generally efficient
- Writing tests for your code is in your personal definition of done
- True agilist and pair programming aficionado
- Keen to deliver working software and receiving outstanding Google Play user feedback
- Attentive to detail, able to compromise on good design and good UX vs. pragmatism
- Good skills in English are mandatory, German is a plus
- Proud to show either your github.com (or similar) account or your private Android projects
about us The enterprise HolidayCheck AG operates the largest German hotel rating portal and offers extensive travel know-how. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the listed HolidayCheck Group AG, Munich. The main shareholder of the HolidayCheck Group AG is the publisher Hubert Burda Media. Seat of the company is Bottighofen, a Swiss border town on Lake Constance. Core Competences The core competencies of HolidayCheck AG are the large and constantly growing hotel rating database, the extensive holiday pictures archive, as well as a collection of private travel videos and travel tips. In 2007, the rating portal was expanded to include ship ratings. As a further important information channel, HolidayCheck runs the largest German-language travel forum with a lively community. HolidayCheck AG has its own TÜV-certified online travel agency with around 150 employees and works with all well-known tour operators. From the first research to the travel booking HolidayCheck offers one-stop service. Company History The idea for HolidayCheck was already born in 1999. The private experience of a Konstanz student led to the idea of HolidayCheck. The plan was to travel to the Caribbean. At the local last minute travel agency a corresponding offer was found quickly. But there was no comprehensive information about this hotel. The young man researched the internet and came across the private homepage of a Canadian woman who had collected votes about hotels in the Dominican Republic. From then on, he and his friends could not stop thinking about offering such service to as many hotels and holiday destinations as possible. The idea for the evaluation platform was born. Finally, in the summer of 2003, a report on RTL made for the big popularity boost. Today With almost 7 million written reviews (as of 07/2016), several million user photos and videos from more than 650,000 hotels in the database, HolidayCheck, the largest German-language hotel review portal, offers travelers extensive travel know-how. On holidaycheck.de you will find a hotel to your liking, can exchange in the travel forum with over 3 million contributions and choose from the offers of over 100 tour operators your perfect holiday and book. Mission, Vision and Values Our vision is to become the most holiday-friendly company in the world! We give everything to vacationers quickly, easily and in an inspiring way to find the perfect vacation for themselves and book immediately! The heart of our corporate culture and the basis of our actions is a twelve-part set of values.
Want to learn more about Holidaycheck? Visit Holidaycheck's website.
Jobs You May Like
New College Grad - Sr. Software Engineer (Masters Degree) - Multiple Locations
Visa, Foster City CA, US