(Senior) Software Engineer - Big Data (f/m)
Book cheap hotels & travel with hotel reviews
Holidaycheck AG is the leading hotel evaluation and travel portal in the German-speaking region. With nearly 8 million reviews, a few million user photos and videos of more than 691,000 hotels, we offer holidaymakers extensive travel know-how.
We are a subsidiary of Holidaycheck Group AG. Together we have a vision to become the most user-friendly company for holidaymakers. At the heart of our corporate culture are our values, which we live by every day and which create an environment that allows for continuous development.
If you happen to be a pragmatic, test-driven software craftsman or craftswoman who likes working on the edge of technology, come and help our outstanding, truly agile development teams in Munich, DE, in Bottighofen, CH or in Poznan, PL.
- Help internal clients with pragmatic strategic & ad-hoc data requirements
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to build personalized experiences for our users
- Drive research initiatives to innovate and support our data driven approach
- Perform data extraction, aggregation from multiple sources, including Google Analytics / GoogleBigQuery
- Create confidence in our data by tests, automation, monitoring and neat visualizations
- You are eager to learn new technologies
- You are able to transform solutions into code (Scala is a plus)
- SQL Basic skills
- Devops mindset is a plus
- Clear understanding of Map/Reduce paradigm. Experience with Spark/Hadoop is a plus.
- Prior experience with scaling ETL projects and a big data platform is advantageous
- Able to understand complex topics, including business traits and user behavior
- Uses modern tools and is generally efficient and test-driven
- True agilist, keen on delivering working software
- Non-religious about specific systems, frameworks, languages or tools
- Can focus on deliverables and small increments but also not afraid of huge changes and humongous amounts of data
- Proud to show your github.com account, research papers or other interesting achievements
- Very good skills in English are mandatory, German or Polish is a plus
about us The enterprise HolidayCheck AG operates the largest German hotel rating portal and offers extensive travel know-how. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the listed HolidayCheck Group AG, Munich. The main shareholder of the HolidayCheck Group AG is the publisher Hubert Burda Media. Seat of the company is Bottighofen, a Swiss border town on Lake Constance. Core Competences The core competencies of HolidayCheck AG are the large and constantly growing hotel rating database, the extensive holiday pictures archive, as well as a collection of private travel videos and travel tips. In 2007, the rating portal was expanded to include ship ratings. As a further important information channel, HolidayCheck runs the largest German-language travel forum with a lively community. HolidayCheck AG has its own TÜV-certified online travel agency with around 150 employees and works with all well-known tour operators. From the first research to the travel booking HolidayCheck offers one-stop service. Company History The idea for HolidayCheck was already born in 1999. The private experience of a Konstanz student led to the idea of HolidayCheck. The plan was to travel to the Caribbean. At the local last minute travel agency a corresponding offer was found quickly. But there was no comprehensive information about this hotel. The young man researched the internet and came across the private homepage of a Canadian woman who had collected votes about hotels in the Dominican Republic. From then on, he and his friends could not stop thinking about offering such service to as many hotels and holiday destinations as possible. The idea for the evaluation platform was born. Finally, in the summer of 2003, a report on RTL made for the big popularity boost. Today With almost 7 million written reviews (as of 07/2016), several million user photos and videos from more than 650,000 hotels in the database, HolidayCheck, the largest German-language hotel review portal, offers travelers extensive travel know-how. On holidaycheck.de you will find a hotel to your liking, can exchange in the travel forum with over 3 million contributions and choose from the offers of over 100 tour operators your perfect holiday and book. Mission, Vision and Values Our vision is to become the most holiday-friendly company in the world! We give everything to vacationers quickly, easily and in an inspiring way to find the perfect vacation for themselves and book immediately! The heart of our corporate culture and the basis of our actions is a twelve-part set of values.
Want to learn more about Holidaycheck? Visit Holidaycheck's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Frontend
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Senior Software Engineer, Resilience Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
C3, Redwood City
Software Engineer - Android
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Développeur Backend PHP/JS (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Tourcoing
Red Ventures, South Charlotte