(Senior) Software Engineer Visual Frontend (f/m)
Book cheap hotels & travel with hotel reviews
Holidaycheck AG is the leading hotel evaluation and travel portal in the German-speaking region. With nearly 7 million reviews, a few million user photos and videos of more than 650,000 hotels, we offer holidaymakers extensive travel know-how.
We are a subsidiary of Holidaycheck Group AG. Together we have a vision to become the most user-friendly company for holidaymakers. At the heart of our corporate culture are our values, which we live by every day and which create an environment that allows for continuous development.
Do you also support our values? Are you ready for the journey with HolidayCheck? Then join us at one of our locations!
- Implement new UX-features, components and widgets for all device types and viewports
- Co-Own and maintain structure, styles and all assets of our comprehensive catalog of web components
- Optimize existing, and apply new designs while ensuring consistent look and feel
- Help product owners to write great, really concise user stories that yield in fantastic look & feel
- Drive towards continuous deployment of UX components and swift implementation of design improvements
- True mastery of HTML5/ CSS3 on desktop, tablet and phone devices
- Proficient with CSS using preprocessors and tools like LESS, SASS or Stylus, Compass
- Experience with multiple of: Bower, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, React.js, Flux, Node.js, Karma, Mocha, Selenium, PhantomJS, Browserstack, Saucelabs, Mocha, Chai, jsdom, Supertest, Sinon, Istanbul, ...
- Efficient user of tools like Axure, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Muse, Fireworks
- Very good conversational skills in English are mandatory, German or Polish is a plus
- A big plus: Experienced with test driven web development and continuous delivery & some experience with React.js + Flux
- Really good eye for sleek design, cleanliness and consistency
- Understands users and works steadily to provide them with exemplary user experience
- Able to comprehend and deal with large and complex web projects
- Can focus on deliverables and small increments but also not afraid of huge changes
- True agilist, pair programmer and continuous improver
- Non-religious about specific frameworks, languages or tools
about us The enterprise HolidayCheck AG operates the largest German hotel rating portal and offers extensive travel know-how. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the listed HolidayCheck Group AG, Munich. The main shareholder of the HolidayCheck Group AG is the publisher Hubert Burda Media. Seat of the company is Bottighofen, a Swiss border town on Lake Constance. Core Competences The core competencies of HolidayCheck AG are the large and constantly growing hotel rating database, the extensive holiday pictures archive, as well as a collection of private travel videos and travel tips. In 2007, the rating portal was expanded to include ship ratings. As a further important information channel, HolidayCheck runs the largest German-language travel forum with a lively community. HolidayCheck AG has its own TÜV-certified online travel agency with around 150 employees and works with all well-known tour operators. From the first research to the travel booking HolidayCheck offers one-stop service. Company History The idea for HolidayCheck was already born in 1999. The private experience of a Konstanz student led to the idea of HolidayCheck. The plan was to travel to the Caribbean. At the local last minute travel agency a corresponding offer was found quickly. But there was no comprehensive information about this hotel. The young man researched the internet and came across the private homepage of a Canadian woman who had collected votes about hotels in the Dominican Republic. From then on, he and his friends could not stop thinking about offering such service to as many hotels and holiday destinations as possible. The idea for the evaluation platform was born. Finally, in the summer of 2003, a report on RTL made for the big popularity boost. Today With almost 7 million written reviews (as of 07/2016), several million user photos and videos from more than 650,000 hotels in the database, HolidayCheck, the largest German-language hotel review portal, offers travelers extensive travel know-how. On holidaycheck.de you will find a hotel to your liking, can exchange in the travel forum with over 3 million contributions and choose from the offers of over 100 tour operators your perfect holiday and book. Mission, Vision and Values Our vision is to become the most holiday-friendly company in the world! We give everything to vacationers quickly, easily and in an inspiring way to find the perfect vacation for themselves and book immediately! The heart of our corporate culture and the basis of our actions is a twelve-part set of values.
Want to learn more about Holidaycheck? Visit Holidaycheck's website.
Jobs You May Like
Agile/Lean Change Management Consultant
Engineering Lead - Identity
Shopify, Toronto, Canada
Software Developer Frontend
Ivanti EndPoint Administrator
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Software Engineer, Android
Strava, San Francisco, CA