Software Engineer – Frontend / Fullstack (m/f/d)
Holidaycheck, München, Bottighofen, Poznan
Book cheap hotels & travel with hotel reviews
HolidayCheck Group AG is one of the leading European digital companies for holidaymakers. Under our roof we combine the hotel rating and travel booking portal HolidayCheck, the tour operator HolidayCheck Reisen, the rental car portals MietwagenCheck and Driveboo.
Is HolidayCheck the right working place for you?
Do you want to be part of the next generation of holidays? In a constant changing environment, HolidayCheck wants to be there when the Urlaubers look again for their greatest time of the year. We want to bring them back to the beach!
At the heart of our corporate culture are our values. We live by them every day! They have helped us create an environment of continuous personal growth and trust, where HolidayCheckers can work autonomously and with a lot of flexibility, in small, self-organised teams. We improve ourselves daily, listen carefully to our customers and deliver working software to them frequently.
Do you also share our values and are you ready for the journey with HolidayCheck? Then become part of our team at one of our three locations in Bottighofen (Switzerland), Munich (Germany) or Poznan (Poland).
What we look for
- You learn with passion
- You are able to self-organize
- You always keep the quality aspect in mind
- You appreciate and provide feedback
- You want to share your knowledge
- You thrive on creativity
- You care about site speed and performance
- You think about the customer
- …and you LOVE your work!
Things we don’t filter by:
- Degrees: Degrees are a privilege that we don’t base our decisions on
- GitHub profile: Not everyone has time & energy to program in their spare time
What we look for in this position specifically:
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience
- You have experience with at least one modern Library/Framework (e.g. React, Angular, etc.)
- You know why to and how to write tests
- You have ideally experience working on distributed teams
Things you will do
- Join one of our cross-functional, self-organized agile product teams and work together with designers, UX creators, backend developers, DevOps and Product Owners
- Develop Web Applications in React and Microservices in Nodejs
- Ship your code to thousands of urlaubers continously
- You value on pair programming, code reviews and tests
- You care about performance
- Contribute to our blog– if you want to
- Make parts of your work available on GitHub
What is in for you?
- Remote work / Home-office friendly
- Flexible working hours
- International team
- Choose your hardware: Windows, MacOS or Linux
about us The enterprise HolidayCheck AG operates the largest German hotel rating portal and offers extensive travel know-how. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the listed HolidayCheck Group AG, Munich. The main shareholder of the HolidayCheck Group AG is the publisher Hubert Burda Media. Seat of the company is Bottighofen, a Swiss border town on Lake Constance. Core Competences The core competencies of HolidayCheck AG are the large and constantly growing hotel rating database, the extensive holiday pictures archive, as well as a collection of private travel videos and travel tips. In 2007, the rating portal was expanded to include ship ratings. As a further important information channel, HolidayCheck runs the largest German-language travel forum with a lively community. HolidayCheck AG has its own TÜV-certified online travel agency with around 150 employees and works with all well-known tour operators. From the first research to the travel booking HolidayCheck offers one-stop service. Company History The idea for HolidayCheck was already born in 1999. The private experience of a Konstanz student led to the idea of HolidayCheck. The plan was to travel to the Caribbean. At the local last minute travel agency a corresponding offer was found quickly. But there was no comprehensive information about this hotel. The young man researched the internet and came across the private homepage of a Canadian woman who had collected votes about hotels in the Dominican Republic. From then on, he and his friends could not stop thinking about offering such service to as many hotels and holiday destinations as possible. The idea for the evaluation platform was born. Finally, in the summer of 2003, a report on RTL made for the big popularity boost. Today With almost 7 million written reviews (as of 07/2016), several million user photos and videos from more than 650,000 hotels in the database, HolidayCheck, the largest German-language hotel review portal, offers travelers extensive travel know-how. On holidaycheck.de you will find a hotel to your liking, can exchange in the travel forum with over 3 million contributions and choose from the offers of over 100 tour operators your perfect holiday and book. Mission, Vision and Values Our vision is to become the most holiday-friendly company in the world! We give everything to vacationers quickly, easily and in an inspiring way to find the perfect vacation for themselves and book immediately! The heart of our corporate culture and the basis of our actions is a twelve-part set of values.
Want to learn more about Holidaycheck? Visit Holidaycheck's website.
Magically schedule meetingsThat’s us. That’s all we think about.