Home Chef, 2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058
Home Chef brings people together around the dinner table.
- Understands that employee safety and food safety are the primary goals for the company and works in accordance with the company’s safety regulations
- Ensures all work is performed in accordance with sound safety practices and proper work methods or procedures; wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- Complies with all environmental laws and regulations for chemicals and lubricants as well as disposal and storage
- Implements standard operating procedures for the maintenance of a clean and safe facility under the direction of the Facility Manager and National Safety Manager
- Performs work in accordance with all quality systems requirements and understands what Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are and is willing and able to fully support these regulations
Machinery and Equipment Efficiency and Maintenance
- Inspects plant machinery and equipment to ensure it is operating at peak efficiency
- Trains all maintenance associates (mechanics) and machine operators on all capital equipment
- Executes preventative maintenance program for all machinery and equipment and ensures machine operators and mechanics are trained on all aspects of the preventative maintenance program
- Works with Facility Manager and production leadership to schedule and perform preventative maintenance, major repairs and temporary line setups
- Works with Maintenance Manager to build and maintain spare parts inventory system
- Maintains data on effectiveness of preventative maintenance program and works with the Maintenance Manager to refine and improve the program over time
- Executes system maintenance in accordance with system maintenance schedules; ensures materials are available for scheduled repairs and emergencies
- Able to research equipment parts manuals and provide detailed ordering information for purchasing clerk
- Ensures work orders are timely and efficiently processed
- Maintains records of work orders received and performed
- Ensures that plant is kept in good working order and in compliance with all safety requirements
- Manages ongoing task list related to facility improvements and repairs
- Works with maintenance associates (mechanics) to execute ongoing facility improvements and repairs
- Assists Maintenance Manager with outsourcing of facility repair or improvement projects as needed
- Maintains records related to facility improvements and repairs
- Estimates materials, parts, tools and equipment needed for work assignments
- Orders and picks up materials and supplies from outside vendors as appropriate, keeping track of actual costs
- Fosters an environment of collaboration and trust within the maintenance department and with other departments in an effort to maximize employee productivity, increase morale, retention, and minimize turnover
- Maintains a good attendance record to ensure that there is no interruption to production or services to our customers
- Schedules, supervises, and directs the work of maintenance associates
- Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions for maintenance associates
- Ensures maintenance associates are adequately trained.
- Responds and addresses complaints in a timely and courteous manner
- Maintains positive attitude and continually exhibits sense of urgency
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalency combined with minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Background in PLC and industrial electricity and controls
- HVAC certified
- Experience with packaging equipment manufacturers such as Hayssen, Holmatic, Pearson, Osgood and Prodopak is preferred
- Experience writing reports and ability to effectively communicate information to manager
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F)
- Employees must be able to use the following equipment: Must be able to operate and repair all standard food processing equipment including but not limited to conveyors, motor controls, baggers, tape machines, label applicators
About Home Chef
Every day, you're out there making things happen. That's why our CEO, Pat Vihtelic, created Home Chef: to provide everything you need to bring more delicious meals and moments to the table, no matter how busy you are. Because at Home Chef, we believe that preparing and enjoying a home-cooked meal should be a simply delicious experience. In fact, simplicity is our mantra. From online to doorstep...to your kitchen table, we make planning and preparing a home-cooked meal simple, intuitive and inspirational every step of the way. In 2013, Pat started Home Chef by partnering with a chef to design delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Since then, our team has grown to include several chefs, and more than 700 employees across production, marketing, technology, product, design, and customer service. Last year, we delivered over 10 million meals and expanded our delivery to cover more than 97% of the U.S. population. Some days -- okay, most days -- we can't believe how quickly we've grown. But we believe that people continue to love Home Chef for the same reasons it was founded: it saves time, reduces food waste, and most importantly, brings people together for a home-cooked meal.